EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Atuladi. Seems like for some reasons your Internet Service provider is blocking EE2 ports.
I think using the VPN is the easiest possible solution in this case, otherwise you would need to contact the provider or somebody that controls the network at your location asking them to unblock several game ports.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Atuladi

Post by Atuladi »

Thanks for the answer.

I have a suggestion to make about the navy. I feel like the choice of what naval unit we do is only a matter of resources and not about the unit itself. It would be cool to make the naval balance more like EE 1 where battleships are much stronger than other ships but cost a lot more and are extremely vulnerable to submarines. EE2's submarines are kinda ridiculous since they can't fire on ground level because they are nder the water, but they still take shots from battleships and air units..
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Atuladi wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 17:24 Thanks for the answer.

I have a suggestion to make about the navy. I feel like the choice of what naval unit we do is only a matter of resources and not about the unit itself. It would be cool to make the naval balance more like EE 1 where battleships are much stronger than other ships but cost a lot more and are extremely vulnerable to submarines. EE2's submarines are kinda ridiculous since they can't fire on ground level because they are nder the water, but they still take shots from battleships and air units..
I'm not sure about submarines, but I think until epoch 11 (or maybe even 12) they can only be attacked by Destroyers, also submarines already have a RPS bonus against Battleships. About the other ideas - it's not something that will be changed with Unofficial Patch. Reasons are always the same: many people like EE2 as it is, and changing gameplay could negatively affect their game experience or Multiplayer community. With UP1.5 I only made an exception for tanks and HERCs (originally they were way too weak), so now they have doubled Attack Points and Health. Unfortunately, even when I know about the ridiculousness of some units - I can't change/re-balance them, because UP1.5 is about the new features, compatibility, crash fixes and the rest must stay the same, so people who played EE2 in 2005-2012 won't regret that installed the patch or won't have reasons to uninstall it due to changes they don't like.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156013 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Improved the partial fix for the "Scout Trick" (aka. "Scout Glitch"). Scouts have no longer the Patrol ability. It's to prevent abuses in Multiplayer games (issue claim by the Department of Control).
- Added the modern "Dark Launcher Theme", enabled by default. It can be disabled by the UP1.5 Settings. Changes the style of UP1.5 Launcher windows.
- Fixed many other layout problems of the Launcher windows.
- Added a warning when "UnofficialVersionConfig.txt is modified by another program, when the Configuration Utility window is open.
- Reduced the size of UP1.5 Launcher (more bitmaps loaded from external files).
- Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to improve reliability.

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: (Click)empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall[/protocol]
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156014 and 156015 have been released!
Most important changes:
[156014]
- Reverted the last partial fix for the "Scout Trick", because it sometimes caused AI players to hang when scouts were unable to Patrol.
- "Dark Launcher Theme" improvements:
* Some color changes (for example buttons);
* Fixed graphics bugs in the "Configuration Utility" window (some checkboxes had cut text), added new color for titles.
- Removed a year information from the version identification in the UP1.5 Launcher and Game for better versions compatibility in the future.
- Added several improvements to the Multiplayer Lobby.
- Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to improve performance.

[156015]:
- Fixed a critical minor update 156014 bug that caused a large amount of junk data being sent to the EE2.eu Server by Multiplayer Lobby clients.

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: (Click)empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall[/protocol]
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
asgrn

Post by asgrn »

Hi, this might be a silly question, but I'm trying to go through the installation procedure on Linux and it involves the Unofficial patch 1.5 file (which I downloaded from the website) but it also involves a file called Setup.exe, "in the folder where my setup files are". Where do I download this file/folder? All I have is the .exe for the patch.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello asgrn. There is no "setup.exe" file. I can only find the "irsetup.exe" which is extracted by the installer (*156.exe) to a temp folder. On Windows it's somewhere in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0
Do you use Wine to install it? Do you have at least ~500MB free on the drive where Wine extracts temporary files? Did you install the full version of EE2 before attempting to install the unofficial patch?
You can also check this guide for details: http://ee2.eu/linux/#install
Please let me know if you still have issues with it or when you detect what caused the problem.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156016 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to improve reliability.
- Added a support for Cycle Time of Day in Game Saves (.sav). NOTE: After loading the save, the Day-night cycle will start over (starting from the Dawn).
- Updated Dr.MonaLisa's Multiplayer scenarios: "WorldSimulator2013", "EE2Pirates2013", "EE2Planes2016" to enable Cycle Time of Day feature.
- Multiplayer Lobby improvements:
* Players who change their Player Type to Observer will have their status changed to "Ready" (automatically). It will help prevent waiting for AFK observers.
* Sending Players Type information to the Server, to recognize which players are Observers by the new Fair/Random Teams Generator: https://www.ee2.eu/multiplayer/teams/
- Changed costs of Windmills/Grain Elevators/Botanic Modules and Water Wells/Water Towers to make them more expensive. They were a little bit underpriced for the bonuses they give.
- Changed costs of Snipers to make them more expensive. Even though in my opinion they were well-balanced - Multiplayer community complained about their power, so we will make them less available.
- Added 27 new EE2 maps, uploaded by xiaoyuer: "1v1 Trench Battle V 1.1.map", "2-8 Resource contention by xiaoyuer.map", "2v2 elephants by xiaoyuer.map", "3v3 Hostile Dawn.map", "3v3 middle bridge.map", "3v3 Middle Island.map", "3v3 Team First Instinct1.0.map", "4 ASpokes by xiaoyuer.map", "4 citya by xiaoyuer.map", "4 cityb by xiaoyuer.map", "4 Citys16 by xiaoyuer.map", "4 Citys72 by xiaoyuer.map", "4 KotH1.0.map", "4 Kurt-inge's citybuilder map finish.map", "4 Lack of resources by xiaoyuer.map", "4 routes throat by xiaoyuer.map", "4 simply by xiaoyuer.map", "4 tree lines.map", "4v4 twilight flame.map", "5v5.map", "6 bay of pigs.map", "6-10 Arena X.map", "8 haishen by xiaoyuer.map", "8 River Sun.map", "8 TS by xiaoyuer.map", "9 daoyv.map", "Inselkrieg1.3.map".
- Added 5 new EE2: AOS maps, uploaded by xiaoyuer: "2-6 Coastal Assault.map", "3v3 HellsPass2.map", "3v3 Jungle Fever.map", "8 animals by xiaoyuer.map", "9 Economic_9_player_2.map".

Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156017 and 156018 have been released!
Most important changes:

[156017]
- Improved the partial fix for the "Scout Trick" (aka. "Scout Glitch"). Scouts have no longer the Patrol ability. It's to prevent abuses in Multiplayer games. The similar fix was added to Minor Update 156013, but was reverted in 156014 because of AI players hang problems.
- Updated the EE2.eu Multiplayer Lobby logo.

[156018]
- Improved the partial fix for the "Scout Trick" (aka. "Scout Glitch"). Players who use the Scout Glitch will now be punished (building and repairing time for all constructions will be significantly slowed down). It's to prevent abuses in Multiplayer games.
- The last two updates (156018 and 156017) are only important for the Multiplayer community. They had to be quickly released to prevent further illegal gameplay in MP.

Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Loewenherz

Post by Loewenherz »

I love your good work. Best fanpatch without sourcecode ever. ;)
List of tutorials, useful threads and utilities (look here before posting): Here

Add Pics to Map: viewtopic.php?f=54&p=25184#p25184

Loews Work: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5160

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”