EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.6 (2014+)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
marcell_357

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by marcell_357 »

Hello,

I'm glad to find out a community that still playing this awesome game.

Hey guys, I have an empire earth (without art of supremacy) and actually I'm learning a little about programming, so I've made my own empire earth 2 customizations and stuff.
However there's something that I cant do doesnt matter how hard I try: SET UP NEW CEASE FIRE TIMES.

Here a saw that Dr monalisa, as described, "Added 6 new "Initial Cease Fire" options: "20 Minutes", "30 Minutes", "45 Minutes", "60 Minutes", "2 Hours", "24 Hours" ".

I want to know which files I should manage in order to change the game cease fire time.

Can anyone help me with this?

PS: Sorry if i wrote something wrong, english is not my mother language hehe and sorry if I made this post in the wrong place...

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi marcell_357!
The cease fires have been added by assembly. It's impossible to add it by simply modifying game files.
If you want to make your own mods using unchanged files structure, you can use developers version of UP1.5: https://ee2.eu/patch/developers
This version keeps the orginal files structure so should be easy to mod the game. Some changes (like new cease fire options) are preset in Developers version.

If you're interested how I mod game using Assembly, you can watch for example this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbF4nNWJ7U
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
marcell_357

Post by marcell_357 »

Thank you very much, I will see both links.

Ah! I saw you work in the version 1.5, the game is amazing, i loved the mill, well, and all the other things, totally awesome =)
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I'm glad that you like it.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156010 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Updated DX8 to DX9 converter and added an error message when D3DX9_43.dll is missing. In Minor Update 156009 textures in game were deformed/missing when "Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime" was not installed.
- Updated the offline list of problematic programs for Maximization Helper Solution 1 (the list is automatically updated without minor updates when the Internet connection is available, however when it's not - the Launcher uses an offline list).

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: (Click)empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall[/protocol]
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156011 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Partially fixed "Scout Trick" (aka. "Scout Glitch"). Scouts are now forced to move out of the construction site area. Unfortunately Scouts can still block or delay buildings construction if the opponent spams the move orders on the construction site area. This fix causes crowns powers affecting Spies to also affect Scouts. The "Scout Trick" was legal in Empire Earth 2 Multiplayer, since 1st of April 2011, legalized by: 'Gov. Act I: LoSG - Legalization of "Scout Glitch" - Scout trick': viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1692
- Added 8 new Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy maps created by: Dreadtania. Maps list and descriptions can be read at: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1857
- Improved DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) with the new caching functions, Pixel/Vertex Shader bug fixes.
- Added displaying of the Minor Version to: "Configuration Utility", "Maximization Helper" and "Custom Screen Resolution Generator".
- Improved UP1.5 Minor Update Installer: added files compression which reduces the download size 3 or more times.

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: (Click)empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall[/protocol]
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

Hi there,
EE2 Unofficial Patch is of extreme great quality, so congrats everyone, who is working on its development.
Well, I'm a bit picky with EE2 camera, and I got my favourite one downloaded from somewhere. This camera is about its angle and height; Unofficial Patch modified camera is good (and far better than EE2 default), but I can't get used to it, so may be I'm not alone. Here's the link to my favourite cam cfg file, you can make it optional in mod if you want:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EzU ... kxyMUNYSnM
This camera is quite restrained, but may be someone will love it.

P.S. Also, can I upload my scenarios somewhere on this forum? They aren't using Unofficial Patch units, but, though, fully compatible with mod.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello Bogdan!
You can post any files (scenarios, maps, etc.) by creating topic at this subforum: viewforum.php?f=54

About the new camera: it's a bit complicated.
Unofficial Patch 1.3 used the camera settings similar to the one you posted. After that Unofficial Patch 1.5 was released with the new camera settings.
Based on: http://ee2.eu/patch/#changes
1. UP1.3 had the better camera settings (Cam fix ver. 1.0).
2. UP1.4 had a little improved camera settings, but without angle-changing (Cam fix ver. 2.0).
3. UP 1.5.0 had a new "Camera fix ver. 3", with a better zoom-in in game, but worse zoom-out.
4. UP 1.5.1 restored the UP1.4 camera, because too many players disliked it.
5. Since UP1.5.3 there is a "Camera fix ver. 4", which isn't perfect, but:
- Supports better zoom-in (so we can see the sky without using the "free camera mode").
- Is less sensitive when changing the zoom, so we can easier find favorite distance.
- Is less laggy / keeps stable FPS when zoomed out (it creates a height illusion, the camera is programmatically lower than we see it).
- When maximally zoomed-out we can still hear units/buildings/battle sounds. It's important on UP1.5, for example to hear the alert siren when enemy's planes are detected, or Radar's siren when incoming ballistic missiles are detected.
So the current UP1.5 "Cam fix ver. 4" is a compromise between better zooms and fixing annoying camera bugs that can happen when using different configuration.
If one day I find a solution to increase sounds range, then I might modify it, but I doubt it will be possible :(

EDIT:
Actually this was the UP1.3 camera settings, you can test them if you like:

Code: Select all

MAINCAM:   
MAXDIST 80
MINPITCH 5
KNEEPITCH 38
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Minor update 156012 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Fixed a bug in UP1.5 Installer causing the Uninstall entries in "Control Panel" -> "Add or remove programs" being multipled every time user installed a new version of the patch.
- Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to increase reliability on every Operating System.
- Added a gzip compression of the data sent by EE2.eu Server (for example: news window, patch configuration, chat messages history, etc.). In some cases it reduces the download size 5 or more times. Users with a slow Internet connection should notice faster launcher/game start.
- Updated upnpc-static.exe (for the UPnP support).
- Some other Launcher improvements.

Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Atuladi

Post by Atuladi »

Hi, I don'y really know where to post, but I can't connect to the multiplayer server.
I have the following error :
"Login failed due to a connection failure ..."

The uPnP box is checked in the settings but I cannot access the modem because I am in a student residence.

What can I do ? Does GameRanger work with the patch ?

Thanks

EDIT : It worked with a VPN :)

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”