Civilizations

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Civilizations

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I tried to replace word: "Egyptian" in the .exe file, but it didn't change anything Image
I'll post the link to this topic on EE2News Twitter and Facebook Page. Hopefully somebody will know how to mod this.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

Leader wrote:I tried to replace word: "Egyptian" in the .exe file, but it didn't change anything Image
I'll post the link to this topic on EE2News Twitter and Facebook Page. Hopefully somebody will know how to mod this.
Ok, it would be fantastic if somebody knows how to do.

Thank you  Image 
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

hmmm. european nations? why dont you replace just any civlisation like the greece(theyre poor in real so we wont need them in ee2 muahahaha) no rly. It would be a bit work but if even the modders from can't add/delete civs and mona can't and i can't :-D then nobody can it.. but keep looking maybe you can prove me that im wrong ^^
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

-VFG-TheGrouch wrote:hmmm. european nations? why dont you replace just any civlisation like the greece(theyre poor in real so we wont need them in ee2 muahahaha) no rly. It would be a bit work but if even the modders from can't add/delete civs and mona can't and i can't :-D then nobody can it.. but keep looking maybe you can prove me that im wrong ^^
Yeah, i did a mistake! I don't want greece! I want only russian, german, roman (italy), english, french, japanese and american.

I don't think it will be so difficult to remove a civ, the difficult thing is to know how to do! Image Image 
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi, how's it going? Did you find the solution? I was searching in files, but didn't find anything useful Image
Tell me if you found the solution already, if not then I'll show you how to edit the .exe file...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

Still nothing, but i've not tried all the ways yet, so, wait to tell me how to edit the exe, first i must try all the possibilities.....
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Anyway, try with the .EXE file, it may be even easier...
First of all you need a HEX Editor, I use: HxD, available to download here: http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
Afer you run (or install it), click File / Open, and select EE2.exe (or EE2X.exe if you're modding EE2:AOS).
Click CTRL+F and type whatever you want.
Click F3 to find the next searched item.

For example I searched for: "german", and found something like this:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-P7eohk5.png

Then I overwritted HEX values with zeros:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-Q6eoLrF.png

After that click Ctrl+S (to save the changes in the exe file), and start the game to see if it worked. The game may crash, so remember to undo all changes before the next edition.

I hope you'll find the solution in the other way, because .EXE edition is dangerous for game stability. Anyway try it if you don't find any solution by modding.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

Ok, i will do a backup. Thanks.
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

i meant it ironic way xD like "who needs the greek" but it was really bad. yh How's going i would interest in it too :-D.
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.

Return to “Questions”