Modding question about AI (aip's files)

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
qwerty24

Modding question about AI (aip's files)

Post by qwerty24 »

Hello again. Now i would like to ask to someone who's expert in modding to answer to one question.

I inserted a new unit into the game but the AI does't create that new unit of course.....i know i have to insert new strings into Eco_AirEpoch Imp_AirEpoch  and Mil_AirEpoch. In those files there is a line like this: // (name), (priority), (hints), (block?), (min desired count), (max desired count), (max build count)    that defines the means of the values under that. Apart from "name", "priority" and "hints", i don't understand the following values and how they affected the game....

Somene can help me?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Modding question about AI (aip's files)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Block =
// blocking can have 3 values
// YES means it always blocks
// NO means it never blocks
// NOTTECH means it doesn't block because of tech, just resources, producers, etc.
// TERRCLAIMED means we only block if we do not already own the territory
// NOTISLANDS means don't even try on islands maps
min desired count, max desired count, max build count:
int m_block; // shall we block on this element?
int m_desiredCountMin; // min number of instances of this type to maintain at this step
int m_desiredCountMax; // max number of instances of this type to maintain at this step
int m_buildMax; // maximum number of units to build from this element
More details are in file: AipStructures.h

Maybe you have to #define the new unit in other files?
Defines are usually in .h files.

But I'm not sure because I've never done it before Image
Player: "DomDom" was scripting AIP files, so he may know the answer. I sent him the link to this topic by skype. Let's see if he can help.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

Leader wrote:Block =
// blocking can have 3 values
// YES means it always blocks
// NO means it never blocks
// NOTTECH means it doesn't block because of tech, just resources, producers, etc.
// TERRCLAIMED means we only block if we do not already own the territory
// NOTISLANDS means don't even try on islands maps
min desired count, max desired count, max build count:
int m_block; // shall we block on this element?
int m_desiredCountMin; // min number of instances of this type to maintain at this step
int m_desiredCountMax;  // max number of instances of this type to maintain at this step
int m_buildMax; // maximum number of units to build from this element
More details are in file: AipStructures.h

Maybe you have to #define the new unit in other files?
Defines are usually in .h files.

But I'm not sure because I've never done it before Image
Player: "DomDom" was scripting AIP files, so he may know the answer. I sent him the link to this topic by skype. Let's see if he can help.

Thank you very much Leader! I will try to change some values and see what happens....i hope DomDom will answer.

Thank you again, my friend!
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

Hey! Nice that someone still cares for scripting and ee2 :-D. Indeed i worked much with aip files. I'm also not sure how it effects. But i know the name is the unitname as you write it in scripts like "Lightinfantry1". The priority means HOW IMPORTANT this unit is, when Heavy Artillery has a priority of 99,9 and light infantry 95,9 and the rest lower they will care the most for the ones with the highest priority, but hints i can't remember in the aip files. I tried once to create a KI HARDEST to build like pros. But they didn't like to. If they would they would own mona XD. Thats all i know
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
qwerty24

Post by qwerty24 »

-VFG-TheGrouch wrote:Hey! Nice that someone still cares for scripting and ee2 :-D. Indeed i worked much with aip files. I'm also not sure how it effects. But i know the name is the unitname as you write it in scripts like "Lightinfantry1". The priority means HOW IMPORTANT this unit is, when Heavy Artillery has a priority of 99,9 and light infantry 95,9 and the rest lower they will care the most for the ones with the highest priority, but hints i can't remember in the aip files. I tried once to create a KI HARDEST to build like pros. But they didn't like to. If they would they would own mona XD. Thats all i know
Thank you mate! Unfortunately, my doubts are only on the last 3 values (min desired count), (max desired count), (max build count).

Return to “Questions”