EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Townsendigital

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

Post by Townsendigital »

Well. good news. My friend has cracked the exe resolutions with your help and it now offers 800x600, 1600x900, 1680x1050 (yep, I have one friend throwing that 16:10 bastard-child resolution at me, lol), 1920x1080, 1920x1200, and 2650x1440, all working like a charm! Thanks a ton, Dr. MonaLisa.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I did a lot of "slimming" to our copy. A huge amount of mass can be cut out with Scenario data alone. By now, if you haven't played a scenario, you probably don't give a hoot. Also, they weren't particularly great anyway.
Oh, I understand. You removed unnecessary files, that's why the size of the game is so low Image
Well. good news. My friend has cracked the exe resolutions with your help and it now offers 800x600, 1600x900, 1680x1050 (yep, I have one friend throwing that 16:10 bastard-child resolution at me, lol), 1920x1080, 1920x1200, and 2650x1440, all working like a charm! Thanks a ton, Dr. MonaLisa.
That's great news! I'm glad I could help Image

Btw. We're working on a update 2.0 for unofficial patch 1.4:
- The update will affect on launcher files: EE2-1.4.exe and EE2X-1.4.exe
- EE2:AOS players will need to reinstall the patch, because of several changes, for example: planes height mod, ICBMTargetingProbability technology for: Ships in epoch 13, and LightArtillery in epoch 14. Also the height of ICBMs will be changed, so the game will look more realistic.
- Players who installed Unofficial Patch 1.4 before update, and don't play EE2:AOS will be still able to connect with the other players on main version of EE2.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Townsendigital

Post by Townsendigital »

Wierd, I've already done my own form of two of those mods. I'm currently working on the visuals for Machine deaths, starting with plane crashes.

mediafire.com ?vmzv8rmp2psga83

That, along with new lasers and some other things will be what I call Visuals Overhaul 2.

BTW I have something you should know for your testing. Plane height will screw with the weapon ranges. You will likely need to play with ranges as well. Bombers can be especially quirky. (It's worth it, though.)

Also I checked my "EE2 Origins" Folder, a copy of the raw unmodded install I use for backup needs, and got 1.71 GB... is your copy running that crazy LadyGaGa addon? I saw that and it runs 180+MB.

My most recent mod involves adding a Tech Points cost to all Elite/Vet upgrades, and to the build cost of the more technologically oriented late age units like Battleships, Sattelites, and Hercs. I have yet to test how it plays out, but so far only one of my mods has actually flopped, out of quite a lot. (I added pop costs to static defense in hopes of preventing infinite expansion, but many weren't fans, and there were issues near the pop cap.)
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

@townsenddigital
Thanks for the maps. I will try them right now. Btw im Dom ^^ if you maybe dont know. Uhhm. Its cool that i can work with mona on "something". OFC i would like to test a mod. Im always free for those things. Its easy funny shit to do it ^^

-----------------

Sry forgot last post. lol. I already thought about a change of the textures. I just have no plan why its not working. ^^ i will see for it.

-----------------

The maps look nice. BUT. I miss in Core Meltdown some oil and uranium. And in Hydra Topics only uranium(or im blind Image ) ^^ But the look of the maps is great.

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Townsendigital

Post by Townsendigital »

There actually is a mistake in Hydra Tropics now that I've done this: THe lower right corner Island seems to be lacking.

Here are the maps with all of them shown - Oil In RED, and Uranium In GREEN.

mediafire.com ?d2lan7frkkyklac

mediafire.com ?d8q4q0rg7noul74

Core Meltdown has fairly few Spots, this is intentional to encourage fighting over them.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Also I checked my "EE2 Origins" Folder, a copy of the raw unmodded install I use for backup needs, and got 1.71 GB... is your copy running that crazy LadyGaGa addon? I saw that and it runs 180+MB.
Maybe I've some "backups" in my EE2 folder Image But Lady Gaga Judas Theme is currently not installed Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
TheMcRulerZone

Post by TheMcRulerZone »

I can't download! It stays on "Please Wait"! What can I do?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

TheMcRulerZone wrote:I can't download! It stays on "Please Wait"! What can I do?
You should try with the other Internet Browser (maybe Internet Explorer).
I sent you the direct-download link on Private Message. I hope it will solve your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to count download number, and adfly is the best way.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Update 2.0 for Unofficial Patch 1.4 has been released!
More information you will find in the first post of this topic!!!

Some information how to use EE2Amp in game:
We have included some sample MP3 files, to folder: UserMusic (1.4). You can find this folder in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Empire Earth II\UserMusic (1.4)". You can remove all files from this folder, and you can put your own music in it. The game will read all folders with MP3 files pasted to this folder.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

INFORMATION FOR WINDOWS 8 / 8.1 USERS WHO PLAY EE2 VIA GAMERANGER:
To play Empire Earth II or Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy, you need to start: EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat or EE2X-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat
But with Unofficial Patch 1.4 Update 2.0 you can automatize it!
The new launcher file (EE2-v1.4.exe or EE2X-v1.4.exe) detects if file EE214.exe or EE2X14.exe exists in the folder. If the file exists, it starts EE214.exe or EE2X14.exe instead of EE2.exe or EE2X.exe.
EE2-v1.4.exe and EE2X-v1.4.exe detects if your system is Windows 8 / 8.1, and starts EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat (for EE2) or EE2X-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat (For EE2: The Art of Supremacy). With Update 2.0 it starts Windows 8 FIX only ONE time, so you don't need to worry about multiple copies of Windows 8 FIX running at the same time. However, you need to re-download Windows 8 FIX, because the version from 20.05.2013 doesn't work correctly.

Okay, so if you want to automatize it:
1. Download the newest version of EE2, EE2X Windows 8 FIX: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1603-win8
2. Go to a folder where you installed EE2 (Defaultly it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Empire Earth II)
3. Paste the new Windows 8 FIX version to this folder
4. Remove EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat and EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat
5. Rename "EE2.EE2X-Windows8-FIX-by.DrMonaLisa.bat" to: "EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat" or "EE2X-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat"
6. Rename EE2.exe and EE2X.exe to: EE214.exe and EE2X14.exe
7. Rename EE2-v1.4.exe and EE2X-v1.4.exe to: EE2.exe and EE2X.exe
Now after you start the game on GameRanger, Windows 8 FIX will start and maximize your game automatically.

If you need more information or help with Empire Earth II Windows 8 / 8.1 FIX, please visit this topic:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1603-windows-8-81-fix
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”