EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Gismo359 wrote:Hey, I installed the patch on EE2 + AOS but there are no options to change the resolutionslike shown in the images, the only ones showing up are the original 4. Before using the patch I used UniWS which let me change the resolution but when I try using it now it doesnt allow me to set the resolution and patch, it also crashes a few seconds after I click "Find it for me...". Thanks in advance!
Hi, are you sure that the patch has been installed correctly? In game settings you should see:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-pxPzzSG.jpg
Of course only if your monitor supports these screen resolutions.

If Unofficial Patch 1.4 has been installed you should see: "Version: 1.4 (2013)", here: https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-cvaI3EH.jpg
If it doesn't show "1.4" - reinstall the patch, but remember to install it to the right folder!
it also crashes a few seconds after I click "Find it for me...
I tested and uniws doesn't crash for me... I'm not sure why it crashes for you...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Gismo359

Post by Gismo359 »

Leader wrote:
Gismo359 wrote:Hey, I installed the patch on EE2 + AOS but there are no options to change the resolutionslike shown in the images, the only ones showing up are the original 4. Before using the patch I used UniWS which let me change the resolution but when I try using it now it doesnt allow me to set the resolution and patch, it also crashes a few seconds after I click "Find it for me...". Thanks in advance!
Hi, are you sure that the patch has been installed correctly? In game settings you should see:
https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-pxPzzSG.jpg
Of course only if your monitor supports these screen resolutions.

If Unofficial Patch 1.4 has been installed you should see: "Version: 1.4 (2013)", here: https://forum.ee2.eu/oldpics/o-cvaI3EH.jpg
If it doesn't show "1.4" - reinstall the patch, but remember to install it to the right folder!
it also crashes a few seconds after I click "Find it for me...
I tested and uniws doesn't crash for me... I'm not sure why it crashes for you...
Well, it could be because my (laptop's)monitor's resolution can be 1280x800 at most but UniWS just suddenly stopped working properly and I kinda doubt it has anything to do with the patch. I'll try tinkering with a little bit more.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Sorry, I checked now and the .exe files of Unofficial Patch 1.4 are not compatible with uniws.
What screen resoulution are you interested in? 1280x800? I can mod the .exe files for you, but then you won't be able to play EE2 online, with the other 1.4 users.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gismo359

Post by Gismo359 »

Leader wrote:Sorry, I checked now and the .exe files of Unofficial Patch 1.4 are not compatible with uniws.
What screen resoulution are you interested in? 1280x800? I can mod the .exe files for you, but then you won't be able to play EE2 online, with the other 1.4 users.
Well, I dont play it alot online but I guess if I do I'll just use a backup so if you can mod the .exe it would be great, hope its not a big problem.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I modded UNIWS by Wogg to work with Empire Earth II (1.4) and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy (1.4).
Check out this topic:
TUTORIAL: Custom screen resolution in Empire Earth II: Unofficial Patch 1.4
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1703-tutorial-custom-screen-resolution-in-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14

@Gismo359 - please tell me if it works for you now Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Gismo359

Post by Gismo359 »

Works like a charm! Now I can actually use my whole screen untill I fix my PC. And again, thanks for the help!
tomas352000

Post by tomas352000 »

i have problem installing it, i downloaded it sucefully, but when i try to run setup, i recieved "This file contains invalid data" error, whats the problem?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

tomas352000 wrote:i have problem installing it, i downloaded it sucefully, but when i try to run setup, i recieved "This file contains invalid data" error, whats the problem?
Hi. Re-download the patch, be sure that file ee2_update_100-130_144.exe is 77,6 MB.
If it doesn't help please give me some more details (wht's your Operation System, etc.).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
kylie#83

Post by kylie#83 »

Hey, I have a question.
Why are the ICBM missiles always miss what I targeted?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

kylie#83 wrote:Hey, I have a question.
Why are the ICBM missiles always miss what I targeted?
It's because of "Planes height mod" which has been included in Update 2.0 for EE2: The Art of Supremacy:
* Changed flying height of all air units and ICBMs
I changed the "flying height" of ICBMs, unfortunately now they miss the target, and we can't do anything about it.
This change was needed, otherwise all other air units would fly ~5X higher than ICBMs and it would look stupid.
Solution: Just nuke a place before the target you want to attack, so the missile will hit in the right place.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Planes Height Mod screenshots:
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”