EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I will download the game again from Gamer's Gate.
Good, but since you bought the game you can also legally download my version, from here: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1520-ee2-download-empire-earth-ii-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-for-free
Now since Gamer's Gate version is 1.2, that means I don't need to install 1.2 patch, correct?
Yes, install only UP1.4 (you don't need UP1.3), but remember to install the patch to the right folder. Sometimes the installer doesn't detect automatically the right folder.
After you install EE2 - click the right mouse button on icon "Launch Empire Earth II", and select: "Open file location" from the list. Then you'll know where the patch should be installed.
( http://www.fileinfo.com/images/help/open-file-location.png )
I can run your patch through my Downloads folder because I ran the program after I moved it into the EEII folder which may have caused some issues.
It doesn't matter where you save the installer file.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Cooljoe64

Post by Cooljoe64 »

Leader wrote:
I will download the game again from Gamer's Gate.
Good, but since you bought the game you can also legally download my version, from here: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1520-ee2-download-empire-earth-ii-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-for-free
Now since Gamer's Gate version is 1.2, that means I don't need to install 1.2 patch, correct?
Yes, install only UP1.4 (you don't need UP1.3), but remember to install the patch to the right folder. Sometimes the installer doesn't detect automatically the right folder.
After you install EE2 - click the right mouse button on icon "Launch Empire Earth II", and select: "Open file location" from the list. Then you'll know where the patch should be installed.
( http://www.fileinfo.com/images/help/open-file-location.png )
I can run your patch through my Downloads folder because I ran the program after I moved it into the EEII folder which may have caused some issues.
It doesn't matter where you save the installer file.
Last question before I confirm installing your mod (Moved the file through open file location btw):

It says the directory does not exist and gives me the option to create one. i notice it will create the folder "Sierra" compared to "Rebellion" where I open the game from the icon "open file location"

I would navigate to the rebellion correct, not let it create the sierra, right?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It says the directory does not exist and gives me the option to create one. i notice it will create the folder "Sierra" compared to "Rebellion" where I open the game from the icon "open file location"

Yes, navigate to the Rebellion folder/Empire Earth II. It's important to overwrite old files with UP1,4 files.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Cooljoe64

Post by Cooljoe64 »

Leader wrote:

Yes, navigate to the Rebellion folder/Empire Earth II. It's important to overwrite old files with UP1,4 files.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The graphics look nicer, I can finally zoom out! I will be taking advantage of all the wonder features.

Thank you for all your help Dr. MonaLisa, I really appreciate it.

And thank you and your team for making this mod updating such a great game, truly awesome.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome.
I'm happy that you enjoy the new patch.
If you have any other questions - feel free to ask.

Have a nice day Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Cooljoe64

Post by Cooljoe64 »

Hey Dr. MonaLisa,

I having one problem. I cannot get the multiplayer to key to work no matter how many I type in. Even the one from gamersgate has not worked. Does the patch do something to this?

I gave the mod to my friend and his random key he picked off the internet works just find.

Thank You
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
Unofficial Patch 1.4 doesn't change anything in EE2 CD-KEY system.
Remember - to play online, every player must have a different CD-KEY.
You can find some working CD-KEYs here:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1143-empire-earth-ii-cd-key-serial-working-online-and-offline

If you want to change the CD-KEY, you can use this software:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1642-empire-earth-2-cd-key-changer-empire-earth-2-the-art-of-supremacy-cd-key-changer

Btw. Are you trying to play Multiplayer by LAN (GameRanger) or GameSpy server? Remember that GameSpy server won't work - it has been shutdown on 10th October 2012. UP1.4 only allows you to log-in to the lobby, but unfortunately hosting/joining games is impossible.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Cooljoe64

Post by Cooljoe64 »

Leader wrote:Hi.
Unofficial Patch 1.4 doesn't change anything in EE2 CD-KEY system.
Remember - to play online, every player must have a different CD-KEY.
You can find some working CD-KEYs here:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1143-empire-earth-ii-cd-key-serial-working-online-and-offline

If you want to change the CD-KEY, you can use this software:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1642-empire-earth-2-cd-key-changer-empire-earth-2-the-art-of-supremacy-cd-key-changer

Btw. Are you trying to play Multiplayer by LAN (GameRanger) or GameSpy server? Remember that GameSpy server won't work - it has been shutdown on 10th October 2012. UP1.4 only allows you to log-in to the lobby, but unfortunately hosting/joining games is impossible.
Leave it to you to give me a bunch of working keys Image

Beforehand I would type the key, it would accept it, I create game before saying key was invalid. The one syou showed me work.

Btw the way I've been helping my friends use this mod; who knew that a simple mistake of placing it in the wrong folder was the issue all along.

Anyways thank you for keeping this old but fun RTS game alive.

Last question however with multiplayer:

This was before your mod was installed:

A friend and I were playing a game for an hour and a half before a "Unhanlded expectation error 0000x000" (something like that) came giving us two options to close or debug kicking us both.

Because of the age of this game all forums that dealt with the issue were unsolved and archived.

Just wondering if your aware of that issue and if your mod fixes the issue? Or maybe its that rare bug I don't have to worry about?

Thank You
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Anyways thank you for keeping this old but fun RTS game alive.
You're welcome, I'm very happy that people enjoy UP1.4 Image
A friend and I were playing a game for an hour and a half before a "Unhanlded expectation error 0000x000" (something like that) came giving us two options to close or debug kicking us both.

Because of the age of this game all forums that dealt with the issue were unsolved and archived.
Unfortunately I haven't got the source code of EE2, so I couldn't fix any "Unhanlded expectation" errors. "- Fixed Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error." - this has been fixed by using EE2.exe/EE2X.exe from Direct-Download version, which doesn't require CD/DVD to start the game.
However "Unhanlded expectation" appears very hardly ever, don't worry about it. I'm playing EE2 online for over 4 years and I had "unhandled exception" maybe 4 times in total.
Usually "Unhanlded expectation" is caused by other mods or custom maps, for example: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1629-realistic-mod

Greetings.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”