Realistic mod

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
generalPanda

Realistic mod

Post by generalPanda »

just thought I show people this mod. Its a pretty good mod adds some extra stuff for game play. I saw it on ee2 heaven. Its for art of supremacy. some very cool stuff right off the back is that it adds plauge ability to druids. and fire archers are available. Also adds new economy structures. The EE2X_hdrs and EE2X_db files go in the zips_ee2x to get the mod working right. Make a back up other then that just copy and paste. Ive wanted to play multiplayer with this mod but no one has this mod.
I liked ee4 mod but they made too many build limit restrictions on too many things and it still had some issues at least when i tried it.

http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2925

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Realistic mod

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for the link.
I downloaded it in the past, but unfortunatelly it didn't work with my version of EE2 (version 1.2, Polish).
Can you confrim that it works with English version of EE2? So I'll install the English version to test it Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
generalPanda

Post by generalPanda »

Image It works fine for me but You cant load reg ee2 it has to be loaded with Art of supremacy launcher . If you load ee2 on the realistic mod game folder the menus and words will be screwed up. I I think I had it working on unofficial 1.2 aos patch before but was messing with games files so. Reinstalled it and left it at 1.1. . Im using english version from good old games. But I doubt it changes anything. I was able to play it on gameranger imediatelg with no problems.I know ee1 gog version does. I was getting invalid selection to play in a non ee1 2.0 room and then I had to download save ee version and get a gameranger patch I found from another clan website but forgot where I got it from.

Remember to check those files I talked about when installing the mod. The mod author left the files out of the folder there supposed to be in
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

ee4 mod and Realistic mod - it's a completely different mod. They have different ideas.
ee4 mod - creation of unique and epochs.
Realistic mod - expansion gameplay EE2.

"but they made too many build limit restrictions on too many things"
I do not understand the problem. No one bothers to capture more territory, and build more buildings.
Limit the number of markets, temples and universities you hindered in EE2?

"it still had some issues at least when i tried it." What are the problems?

"Ive wanted to play multiplayer with this mod but no one has this mod." I'm waiting for the new version mod from Vladimir Ivanitski. I have a few people who could play in Realistic mod. Can agree on a joint game.

"II think I had it working on unofficial 1.2 aos patch"Realistic mod works with 1.2 aos patch. But you need only install the patch without a camera, etc.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Well, I tried to install it again, and it just doesn't work for me:
EXCEPTION: ACCESS VIOLATION
0x019e59bd
0x6173696c
EAX:0c1a607ch ESI:00000002h
EBX:00cb1bf4h EDI:075d10b4h
ECX:0551d3a4h EBP:075b6574h
EDX:0756e3ech ESP:0038f7b0h
EIP:019e59bdh EID:00000000h
SS: 0000002bh CS: 00000023h
DS: 0000002bh FS: 00000053h
ES: 0000002bh GS: 0000002bh
Flags: 00210297h CF:1 PF:1 AF:1 ZF:0 SF:1 OF:0
Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94050562/2013-04-10%2016_25_35-Greenshot.png

I think I did everything right:
INSTALLATION:
STEP #1 – Backing up
Make a backup of your EE2X_db file and Aips_ee2 folder and put it somewhere else on your computer.

STEP #2 – If you are reading these documents then you unzipped a package. Within this
package are four files.
1. EE2X_db, and EE2X_hdrs.zip please paste this file into ZIPS_ee2x directory.
2. Copy files from folder “Aips_ee2x” and paste it into Aips_ee2x folder in game directory. Also copy config_EE2X.cfg and paste it into folder of game.
3. Copy folder “graphics_130” and “textures_130” and paste it into your folder Sierra/Empire Earth II/zip. Please don’t zip this folder. Simply paste they in folder zip.
4. There is no guarantee this modification will work with the official campaigns.
5. N.B. After installation you have to clear temporary files on your disks (use for it Windows tools), than you have to reload computer.
I deleted myconfig.cfg and myconfig_EE2X.cfg but still doesn't work.
I'll be trying again soon.

----
Just a note:
There is no AOS Patch 1.2
The recently released unofficial patches for EE2 and EE2X are:
EE2X Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy - Unofficial patch 1.1
and
EE2 Empire Earth II - Unofficial patch 1.3

But my unofficial patches are compatible with all mods for Empire Earth II 1.2 and AOS 1.0, so it cannot be the problem.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
generalPanda

Post by generalPanda »

Not sure whats wrong then I know it works for gog english version. There is a 1.2 aos patch but its in beta
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1420-ee2-unofficial-patch-14-beta-2-ee2aos-unofficial-patch-12-beta-1

The build restrictions I was talking about defensive structures and things like barracks but thats not a problem for . I found out how to edit that. My problem is the meso american race is messed up. And I dont know how to remove tech point requirements for units like seige weapons. I think its in the technode file but when I try to remove it the game crashes. But its fine ill just keep playing regular aos. Also the reason why ur alt alt throwers throw canonballs is because when you edited the unit for it you put the effects as canon ball 03 when the vanilla game says spears.I havnt done a thorough play through of the mod but thats what I have noticed. I do like the school system of your mod beter then the economic structures of the realistic mod but his mod does not have the issues I listed.

I like the realistic mod but the only issues I have with it is that unit production speed is too fast and the ai is not that agressive but other than that its fine. But I just edit the unit production speed in the gameplay options and make a custom game pace.

The gog is probably american english which is why it wont work for you. Because I have ordered a english gold vesion before the cd and case looked different then a regular aos. When I tried to install american english patches on it. It wouldnt work. I didnt know it was uk I had ordered it on amazon.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

generalPanda wrote:Not sure whats wrong then I know it works for gog english version. There is a 1.2 aos patch but its in beta
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1420-ee2-unofficial-patch-14-beta-2-ee2aos-unofficial-patch-12-beta-1
Oh my god, I totally forgot about BETA development of EE2. I'm sorry for my mistake.
The gog is probably american english which is why it wont work for you. Because I have ordered a english gold vesion before the cd and case looked different then a regular aos. When I tried to install american english patches on it. It wouldnt work. I didnt know it was uk I had ordered it on amazon
I was still trying to run "Relastic Mod" on Polish version of the game, so maybe it was a problem. However I've the English version of EE2 + AOS (I even uploaded it on the forum: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1520-ee2-download-empire-earth-ii-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-for-free ). So I'll install and test if it works.

I remember that English-US version of 1.2 patch has been released for "digital download version of EE2". I remember this problem was reported by players, that's why I didn't put English-US version of 1.2 patch in this topic:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1621-empire-earth-ii-official-patch-12-for-every-language-version-of-the-game
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

"The build restrictions I was talking about defensive structures"
Computer AI is in the same position as you.
In EE4 of Defense to army, forts and outposts go by the wayside.
In the original EE2 defense consists solely of castles, outposts, walls.
Endless destruction of fortresses, outposts - bored already 10 -20 battle.
In EE4 mod - that the army is defending. Uses an active defense, not passive.
This forces the player to keep his army, do not spend all the units at once.
The player is very difficult without an army to defend the city.

"And I dont know how to remove tech point requirements for units like seige weapons."
The price includes the Siege tech point - this is normal.
Siege in EE4 very strong, so they are so expensive.

"meso american race is messed up"
If you carefully read the description of the mod EE4, it says that the Aztecs, Mayans, Incas - you can play only 13-15 epoch. They have not yet been made.

The Aztecs, Mayans, Incas can play version 9.3. Do you have this version?

Sorry for the off-the-top.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Well, it doesn't work for me at all Image
I installed English version, and I'm sure I did everything right, but I'm getting "bug box" when I start EE2X.exe:
EXCEPTION: ACCESS VIOLATION
0x019e59bd
0x6173696c
EAX:0c18c7d2h ESI:00000002h
EBX:00cb1bf4h EDI:0751f33ch
ECX:0538d804h EBP:07502aach
EDX:074e7c8ch ESP:0038f7b0h
EIP:019e59bdh EID:00000000h
SS: 0000002bh CS: 00000023h
DS: 0000002bh FS: 00000053h
ES: 0000002bh GS: 0000002bh
Flags: 00210297h CF:1 PF:1 AF:1 ZF:0 SF:1 OF:0
Could anybody upload English version of Sierra/Empire Earth II folder with this mod installed? I'd like to test it, but I just can't...

I like how RGV1 uploads his mods (EE4), then it's not needed to mod it manaully Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Vanalk

Post by Vanalk »

I am testing the mod if that is okay with you.
edit: how do i install a mod on EE2X because I never played it with a mod before

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”