EE2 Empire Earth 2 Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX | EE2X Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX - Wor

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2 Empire Earth 2 Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX | EE2X Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX - Works with GameRanger

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

kangaroo2020 wrote:1.when I get out, the screen is black
2.what about EE2 gold version? I have tried and it does not run
Hi! Thanks for posting!
1. When exactly the screen is black? When you turn off Empire Earth II? Please use ALT+TAB to change the program when the screen is black.
2. I'm not sure, but I think the Gold Edition uses only Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy, so please download the fix for EE2-AOS:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1603-windows-8-81-fix#18744
If it doesn't work, then maybe your version of EE2 uses a different .exe file.
To check it, please go to a folder where you installed the game, and then find the name of the .exe file which starts the game.

It's possible that you have to start EE2 Windows 8 FIX with Administrator rights, to do this:
- Click with the right mouse button on: EE2X-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat
- Click: "Run as administrator"

If your problem hasn't been solved, please give me more details what's exactly happening after you run the .bat file.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2 Empire Earth 2 Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX | EE2X Empire Earth 2: The Art of Supremacy Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 FIX - Works with GameRanger

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you Image I'm glad it works Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
r1lablue

Post by r1lablue »

To: Dr. MonaLisa
I am really struggling to figure this out. I do not know how to download this patch, and I'm a little fuzzy as to how to run it after I download it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. One of my favorite games growing up as a kid, and now as a college student, need something to do when I'm really bored. Haha
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

r1lablue wrote:To: Dr. MonaLisa
I am really struggling to figure this out.  I do not know how to download this patch, and I'm a little fuzzy as to how to run it after I download it.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  One of my favorite games growing up as a kid, and now as a college student, need something to do when I'm really bored. Haha
Okay, so:
1. You should download a file named: "EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat" (from the first post).
2. After that copy and paste this file, to the folder where you installed your game. Defaut it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Empire Earth II
3. Then start this file (EE2-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat). You should see the same window as in screenshots from the first post.
4. Start your Empire Earth II by file EE2.exe or desktop icon named: "Launch Empire Earth II"
5. Explorer.exe should turn off, and your game should maximize automatically. If it didn't maximize then use alt+tab to maximize it manually.
6. When you exit the game wait less than 30 seconds, and explorer.exe will turn on again.
Remember to don't close Windows 8 FIX window before explorer.exe turn on again!

If you have got EE2 Gold Edition (with expansion pack: Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy), then download "EE2X-Windows8-by.DrMonaLisa.bat" (from the second post), and start the game by file: EE2X.exe instead of EE2.exe.

I understand that it might be hard to understand, but you can always download  "Unofficial Patch 1.4 (2013)" from this topic:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013
After you install it, you'll see a new icon on your desktop named: "Empire Earth II 1.4 - Launcher". Just double click it, and Empire Earth II should start with Windows 8 FIX.
If you're playing Multiplayer, for example by GameRanger, you can do this trick:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636p15-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013#19153
Then Windows 8 FIX will always start automatically when the game start.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
death498

empire earth 2 supremacy

Post by death498 »

thanks for the patch but the game it lagging.what to do, i need help.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi death498
I'm glad that Windows 8 FIX works.
Did your game lag before? EE2 is an old game, but it still needs a good computer to work correctly.
Set your graphics settings to the lowest possible in Settings / Video, and check if it helped.
When you start the game press: ctrl+alt+shift+F - it will show the current FPS (frames per second) rate on the right. More FPS = no lag, FPS under ~20 = lag.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

UPDATE: 26.12.2013
The last update added the following new features:
- 1 FIX file for Empire Earth II and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy ("EE2.EE2X-Windows8-FIX-by.DrMonaLisa.bat"). You don't longer need to download two .bat files, the application will detect if you're playing EE2 or EE2:AOS.
- You don't have to wait for 5 seconds after you start the FIX. Empire Earth II and/or Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy will kill explorer.exe instantly.
- Added support for EE214.exe and EE2X14.exe files (trick from Unofficial Patch 1.4), more details:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636p15-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013#19153
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
n0m

Post by n0m »

Hey Dr.MonaLisa,

I've followed all your tips thus far and have yet to have anything to show for it. Even after trying every combination of (compatibility, run as admin, change resolution, and even your own hacks), this is the furthest I've gotten: http://i.imgur.com/RHJqDq6.jpg

I'm running Win8.1 on a Lenovo T530 with Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Any ideas? I would praise you as a GOD if you could help me out!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi n0m, thank you for contacting me.
As I understand you tried "everything", so you used ALT+TAB to maximize the game?
From the screenshot you posted, I can see that you're using 1600x900 screen resolution, which is supported in Unofficial Patch 1.4:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636-ee2-ee2x-empire-earth-ii-unofficial-patch-14-2013

I think this would help you:
1. Install the Unofficial Patch 1.4 from the link above.
2. Go to: Computer, C:/
Click tab: "View" in Windows Explorer, and check two options:
- File name extensions
- Hidden items
Like in this screenshot:

3. Now go to:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sierra\Empire Earth II\settings
Open file: settings.cfg with Notepad.
Find a line:
displayMode = Res800x600x32
(not sure if it's 800x600, but important value is "displayMode =")
Replace it to:
displayMode = Res1280x960x32
(Res1280x960x32 is 1600x900 in Unofficial Patch 1.4).
And save the changes (ctrl+s).

4. For Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy, edit the same file in:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sierra\Empire Earth II The Art of Supremacy\settings

Now Empire Earth 2 should start even without Windows 8 FIX, however it's possible that you'll need to use ALT+TAB to maximize it.

Please tell me if it solved your problem.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”