Unofficial Patch 1.4 BETA 2 + AOS Unofficial Patch 1.2 BETA 1

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Unofficial Patch 1.4 BETA 2 + AOS Unofficial Patch 1.2 BETA 1

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

For sure Game Style won't be edited.
If someone expect something more from EE2, then should install RGV1's mod called Empire Earth IV: http://ee4-eng.do.am/

About population - if it could be possible, then I could add 1 more option, for example 4000 population. It would be like a new option, so players would still play on the old one (2000). But I'm not good at modding, I prefer to edit binary files, than zipped files.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

ok fine it was just some ideas what would make ee2 much better. So we stop that theme and look for some better ideas. I have very much ideas and if you dont want it its ok
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

All ideas are good, but it's not point of the patch.
I'd like to add some mods into new patch, but then it wouldn't be liked by some players.
Maybe most of players would like it, but we cannot forget about other players. They can even stop with EE2 if they didn't like mods implanted into new patch.

Look, we were thinking about 1 important change / edit: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1281-who-like-ram-edit
It has 9 votes for NO, and only 2 for YES. So even if I wanted to add it - I won't. Democracy has won.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

ok ok. But some other texts as cheater arent enoough for do a patch. it should be more or it will not be randable for the players and maybe only the eW clan will play 1.4 and no one else. Just because the changes on text with noob at cheating is low. They will not down the patch for such things. But my ideas no one interesting. So you can look for yourself for much enough to do a patch
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

That's why patch 1.4 hasn't been released yet, and I think it will never be released.
Why? Because we cannot add more resolutions, we can just replace old... But there are still players with 4:3 monitors, and they would hate it.
Version BETA has been released, because some of players want to play even Singleplayer on changed resolutions:
800x600 NOT CHANGED
1024x768 NOT CHANGED
1366x768 = CHANGED
1600x900 = CHANGED (in version 1.1)
1280x1024 = NOT CHANGED
1920x1080 = CHANGED
I don't know if I understand you good:
Just because the changes on text with noob at cheating is low
Do you mean glitches? If I knew how - I would fix it in the patch 1.3 already. As I said I'm not good at modding, so you can't expect too much.
We are having http://ee2glitchers.ace.st forum, so if someone cheats against you - you should report it. For sure glitchers like Gran Batuzay will be banned.

-----
Back to your idea with "Zero fighters". They are strong, and it's fine. They are strong only in fast pace, because on medium pace you can own them easy.
It's like with Spahi in epochs 1-5, or Ninjas in epochs 6-10.
Those units are strong, because they were strong in the past, and they gave to theirs civilizations a good weapons. So if we voted about changing theirs power, I would vote "NO".
Also since epoch 13+ - normal fighters can own Zero-fighters easy, so the problem is only at epoch 11-12.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Youss1997

Post by Youss1997 »

Cool stuff Mona. Will there be any other improvements? Like removing the Autosave feature in Mulitplayer games because it lags it sometimes??
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Youss1997 wrote:Cool stuff Mona. Will there be any other improvements? Like removing the Autosave feature in Mulitplayer games because it lags it sometimes??
Yes, we are talking about the other improvements in this topic: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1275-ee2-edit-ideas

Removing Autosaves? They're good, especially in CB games Image Check EE2 settings you can change periodicity of AutoSaves from 5 minutes to 30 minutes Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
john.edwards.1690

Post by john.edwards.1690 »

HI, i just installed patches 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 beta. My splash screen shows the 1.4 beta text at the bottom so i know it installed correctly, but when I go to the screen resolution settings I only get 3 options with the highest resolution at 1280.

I have a 1920x1080 monitor, and plenty of hardware to run it on. any help?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello, and welcome to the ~eW`~>FORUM.
What operation system do you use?
Did you paste the files: dbtext_cheats.utf8 and dbtext_fe_widgettips.utf8 to Sierra/Empire Earth II/zips folder?
If you use Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 then go to the folder:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Sierra\Empire Earth II and delete everything from this folder.
If you cannot see this folder, check it out: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

Are you sure your monitor is 1920x1080?
Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Image , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.
Check if you can see 1920x1080 there.

I've tested the unofficial patch 1.4 beta 2 on 46'' 1920x1080 TV, and everything worked.
I'm waiting for more details. We will try to solve your problem Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “EE2 Files, Modding, Maps, Scenarios, Scripting, Testing, etc.”