EE2 edit ideas

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
RGV1

Re: EE2 edit ideas

Post by RGV1 »

/ GameSpy ,,,,,,
located in a file tga here:
dbsprite_uifrontend_packed.ddf
EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ UI \ PackedSprites

dbsprite_uifrontend.ddf
EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ UI \ UnpackedSprites

There are lines like:

spr_fe_mp_gs_ignored, ui_mp_gs_ignored.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_ingame, ui_mp_gs_ingame.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_private, ui_mp_gs_private.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_public, ui_mp_gs_public.tga, 0,0,16,16,0

spr_fe_list_sort, ui_fe_combo_triangle.tga, 0,0,28,19, (FlipV)
spr_fe_list_sortDescending, ui_fe_combo_triangle.tga, 0,0,28,19,0

////////////////////
You should make a new file (format tga, resolution 28 * 19 pixels).
The file you have to put in the folder zips.
The game will initially download your file.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

RGV1 wrote: / GameSpy ,,,,,,
located in a file tga here:
dbsprite_uifrontend_packed.ddf
EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ UI \ PackedSprites

dbsprite_uifrontend.ddf
EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ UI \ UnpackedSprites

There are lines like:

spr_fe_mp_gs_ignored, ui_mp_gs_ignored.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_ingame, ui_mp_gs_ingame.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_private, ui_mp_gs_private.tga, 0,0,16,16,0
spr_fe_mp_gs_public, ui_mp_gs_public.tga, 0,0,16,16,0

spr_fe_list_sort, ui_fe_combo_triangle.tga, 0,0,28,19, (FlipV)
spr_fe_list_sortDescending, ui_fe_combo_triangle.tga, 0,0,28,19,0

////////////////////
You should make a new file (format tga, resolution 28 * 19 pixels).
The file you have to put in the folder zips.
The game will initially download your file.
Thank you it works. File is named as GameSpy_logo.tga

But I have to change image size. Do you maybe know how can I change max size of this image? I mean in EE2 files, I would like to add bigger image, but it automatic resize it. Maybe I can change it somewhere in files?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
RGV1

Post by RGV1 »

Do you want to change the size?

File GameSpy_logo.tga described in dbsprite_uigeneric_packed.csv

It is located here:
EE2X_db.zip \ EE2X_db \ ​​UI \ PackedSprites

For him, there are rows
spr_logo_gamespy, GameSpy_logo.tga, 0,0,418,100,0

Its size is 418 * 100.
It's weird. The size of the logo in the screenshot 100 * 15. I could be wrong.

I think you can change the numbers in a row
spr_logo_gamespy, GameSpy_logo.tga, 0,0,418,100,0

By putting such
spr_logo_gamespy, GameSpy_logo.tga, 0,0,512,256,0

And make the file size tga
512 * 256
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

Well a laggy but nice idea. its bore some things they did on ee2. For example its more fun with more max population. I know it can have only 999 but so what. That would make empire earth 2 more interesting and thr second something arent in common. The nuclear bomb is more like a sylverster rocket on new years start not like a real. i know how to make the range higher for a) the area damage and b) the radioactivity. At most shit sry ^^ is the low defence build avaiblity. the enemy come with much ships and the one who defense have no chance with some cost defence. Or with the zero fighter they are just too strong, or not enough air defense. I would prefer too to let only epoch up with all 12 technologies or mind. with 9 or it will make more fun. Last but not least are the units to fast. so it will need more strategic and not so boring quick massacre games. Well thats my ideas and i can do this things i talked on here. Maybe not with the technologies.i hope my english is right.
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

ok my next possible ideas. Bigger size for map making would be better for all map makers(or who want to become;-) ) and a thing which i dont understand why they did. Maybe you know it youre in a game with friends but you dont know the unique Units and where they are in which epoch so you know if you go with ur mouse onto the civ you see their bonuses. I dont understand why they hided the uniques there. Good for tactics. Both would be well and possible things and usefull ^^
Greetings, the one and only evil mastermind and your friendly dictator next door, TheGrouchDE.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Bigger size for map making would be better for all map makers(or who want to become;-) ) and a thing which i dont understand why they did.
What's maximum size of map now? Could you screenshot? I think there was a way to create bigger maps, but I don't know how...
Maybe you know it youre in a game with friends but you dont know the unique Units and where they are in which epoch so you know if you go with ur mouse onto the civ you see their bonuses. I dont understand why they hided the uniques there. Good for tactics. Both would be well and possible things and usefull ^^
It's a good idea, but impossible for multi-language version of the patch. It's because every language has a different text files. So I could do this, but then half of game would be in English... And it's not good for players which don't know this language.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Legolego40

Post by Legolego40 »

Leader wrote:
Bigger size for map making would be better for all map makers(or who want to become;-) ) and a thing which i dont understand why they did.
What's maximum size of map now? Could you screenshot? I think there was a way to create bigger maps, but I don't know how...
Maybe you know it youre in a game with friends but you dont know the unique Units and where they are in which epoch so you know if you go with ur mouse onto the civ you see their bonuses. I dont understand why they hided the uniques there. Good for tactics. Both would be well and possible things and usefull ^^
It's a good idea, but impossible for multi-language version of the patch. It's because every language has a different text files. So I could do this, but then half of game would be in English... And it's not good for players which don't know this language.
Maximum size is 511 x 511. Go to the map editor and use "Resize." If you enter a number any higher, it'll revert to 511.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Then it's maximum, because even this big Europe Map_v1.0 has less:
Also I think it would lagg with any bigger map.
Anyway I'll wait for RGV1, and I'll ask him if he knows where to edit this
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

i didnt mean the size(which i tried too by the way) i meant terrain changes like high low smooth rough an terrain height they have only a size of 15. Foresting have a size 16 and water placements(sea river coast) are 15 too. So it need much time for map making that could be my first very good idea ^^
TheGrouchDE

Post by TheGrouchDE »

Could it be possible? So i could smooth terrain very easy or making Terrein Height would be much better and is easy to do. So i and all others would be able to make maps very faster and we would have mass much new maps of loosing lazyiness, by which we could do a topic for these maps.

Return to “Discussion”