EE2 edit ideas

Discussion About Modding, Changes Ideas, etc.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2 edit ideas

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello. As TheGrouchDE explained, there will be no new units/buildings added to the Unofficial Patch. The patch will focus on Multiplayer, game stability and compatibility with the newest operating systems.
By the way, some "bank systems" are already available in the other EE2 mods, for example: Realistic Mod, Empire Earth IV mod. If the changes are not satysfying for you, I'd recommend to contact creators of those mods and tell them your ideas.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

StevenRomania2016

Post by StevenRomania2016 »

Now I understand. I will explore these mods. Thanks.
robdcox7

Post by robdcox7 »

EE2 has always been one of my most favorite games, but there has always been one huge thorn in my side while playing it: building architecture. Many buildings in the different cultural zones have western architecture in the earlier epochs when they shouldn't, which pains me since my favorite Epochs are 5 & 9. I would love for someone to remodel the following buildings to match the civilization region type:

Epoch 4: all civs have University, Barracks, & Warehouse changed to Roman
Epoch 5: ditto Workshop, Stable, & Market
Epoch 7: all civs have University & Barracks changed to Early Modern Europe
Epoch 8: ditto Stable & Market
Epoch 9: ditto Workshop

Age of Empires 2 did a great job of taking the exact same model and changing it just enough that it matched the civilization region, so if some sort of solution like that could be implemented I would be eternally grateful.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for your suggestions, robdcox7.
Unfortunately, I doubt someone will find / make required models.
But even if someone creates it, I'm worrying that it's impossible to set buildings in EE2 depending on civilizations :( The game reads specified models by region, for example: model_name_we.nif, model_name_af.nif (where _we and _af are region names). There is no way to set different models depending on civilization, at least not without the source code of game :(
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
robdcox7

Post by robdcox7 »

No, I did not expect each individual civilization to have its own model, just the regions like it does for City Centers & Temples.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You're right, sorry, I didn't read correctly. However, I don't understand:
Epoch 4: all civs have University, Barracks, & Warehouse changed to Roman
Aren't universities/barracks/workshops/stables etc. always the same for all civilizations? You simply want to have those buildings different for every region, like it is with city centers, right?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
robdcox7

Post by robdcox7 »

Right, I can't stand playing Epoch 5 or 9 East Asia or Middle East with half my buildings looking European- I understand for Epochs 10 & up, but it just doesn't make sense any earlier. Age of Empires 2 did it very simply, you can see in the barracks image below that they are all basically the same building, but just tweaked enough to keep the theme:

oldpics/o-maxresdefault.jpg

Return to “Discussion”