New maps' problem

Modding, Map Editor, IES Scripting and Other Questions
Thamuris

New maps' problem

Post by Thamuris »

Dear Mona!
Hope it is right topic for my problem... I made a map of Westeros and Essos (with some changes), but attempt to begin single playing game in it always ends with message like: 'EXCEPTION: ACCESS VIOLATION' It is quite strange, because the "test mission" in map editor is working and open the map.

What I have already done to find the problem:
- change the size (from 600x600 to 500x500);
- delete all 1.5 patch animals (crocodiles look like something ride over their heads);
- delete all 1.5 patch trees:
- make all the terrain color "Grass";
- delete all unusual elements from campaing game (like other types of food bushes, carbon woods, etc.);
- turn off weather, day/night cycle;
- make the amount of players 2;
- make the amount of resourses less.

I spend several days to make this map and it would be fantastic to get your help or wise advise.

Seven's blessing!

PS. Actually this is not my first map, I have already done bigger maps for EE2 AoS, and everything works perfect. So interesting to know what I did wrong with this one.
Attachments
SevenKingdoms.map
(5.92 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: New maps' problem

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Sorry to hear about the problem with a new map. I can't check it right now, because I'm currently on the phone, but it would be good to verify your installation, to make sure it's not a problem caused by some game files.

Please click on this link, and paste the generated report link in this topic: empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... is-EndNick
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Thamuris

Post by Thamuris »

Report link: https://patch.ee2.eu/patch15/Installati ... ris.report Looks like the problem is in the map.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.

I've got a good news. I loaded your map in the skirmish game and it worked fine:
EE2X_ScreenShot_2021-04-21_23.00.59.333.jpg
EE2X_ScreenShot_2021-04-21_23.00.59.333.jpg (295.41 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
However, the game instantly ended, probably due to the missing starting positions.

In the Installation Validation Report that you pasted, there is a problem in the installation.

https://patch.ee2.eu/patch15/Installati ... #incorrect

File: "zips_ee2x\EE2X_db_155.zip" differs from the one provided in Unofficial Patch 1.5 Minor Version 158010. Perhaps you edited something yourself?

Also files:
Решение багаdb\ammo - копия.ddf
Решение багаdb\ammo.ddf

should not exist in your game directory. Sometimes game loads .ddf files outside of zips and goes "crazy".

Please make a backup folder of your current installation, then click on "Change UP1.5 Settings" in the Launcher, and then click on the "Reinstall" button on the right. It will re-install the latest version of UP1.5 and it will only download files which differ. That should be quick and solve this issue.

Please let me know how it goes and if the problem persists.

Also, apologizes for a delay with replies (longer than usual). I forgot about this topic in the morning, and then was very busy fixing some things at home.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Thamuris

Post by Thamuris »

Dear Mona!
With a great thanks I should tell you that my map is working now! I made the reinstall and put the starting positions in it so everything is perfect now!
To support your project, which I found useful and original, I made a donation today, hope you get it!

I also would like to know: is it possible to use arctic terrain colours (Tundra 1.5) in temperate climate of the map? Can't find it there=(

Thank you again and good luck with your extraordinary work of saving interesting game!

All the best!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thank you Thamuris! The financial support is very important in keeping things "running smoothly" and I very appreciate it.
I also would like to know: is it possible to use arctic terrain colours (Tundra 1.5) in temperate climate of the map? Can't find it there=(
Unfortunately not. For stability reasons, in UP1.5 we try to separate things that work fine from new features. Tundra was a new climate, that's why most of things there are new. So, there was no reason to edit the official Temperate climate's files to add more terrain textures.

I think it's defined in files:
zips\dbterraintexture_temperate.csv
zips\dbterraintexture_tundra.csv

...if you would like to import it yourself. However, it's Loew who did most of things regarding the new climate, so I am not sure about the content of these files.

By the way, I think terrain textures are working differently from the trees (forest painting). The map editor loads the whole forests.ddf file, this is why we could add Loew forest sets there, however, for the terrains, it's read separately depending on the climate selected during map creation.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Questions”