EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

ImageImageTalking about Modding for EE2 and EE2 AOS. New maps, patches, programs and Multiplayer scenarios.
Leader
Dr.MonaLisa

Re: EE2, EE2X - Empire Earth II - Unofficial Patch 1.5 (2015)

Post by Leader » 21 Aug 2017, 11:12

Hi Atuladi. Seems like for some reasons your Internet Service provider is blocking EE2 ports.
I think using the VPN is the easiest possible solution in this case, otherwise you would need to contact the provider or somebody that controls the network at your location asking them to unblock several game ports.

Atuladi

Post by Atuladi » 23 Aug 2017, 17:24

Thanks for the answer.

I have a suggestion to make about the navy. I feel like the choice of what naval unit we do is only a matter of resources and not about the unit itself. It would be cool to make the naval balance more like EE 1 where battleships are much stronger than other ships but cost a lot more and are extremely vulnerable to submarines. EE2's submarines are kinda ridiculous since they can't fire on ground level because they are nder the water, but they still take shots from battleships and air units..

Leader
Dr.MonaLisa

Post by Leader » 23 Aug 2017, 18:43

Atuladi wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 17:24
Thanks for the answer.

I have a suggestion to make about the navy. I feel like the choice of what naval unit we do is only a matter of resources and not about the unit itself. It would be cool to make the naval balance more like EE 1 where battleships are much stronger than other ships but cost a lot more and are extremely vulnerable to submarines. EE2's submarines are kinda ridiculous since they can't fire on ground level because they are nder the water, but they still take shots from battleships and air units..
I'm not sure about submarines, but I think until epoch 11 (or maybe even 12) they can only be attacked by Destroyers, also submarines already have a RPS bonus against Battleships. About the other ideas - it's not something that will be changed with Unofficial Patch. Reasons are always the same: many people like EE2 as it is, and changing gameplay could negatively affect their game experience or Multiplayer community. With UP1.5 I only made an exception for tanks and HERCs (originally they were way too weak), so now they have doubled Attack Points and Health. Unfortunately, even when I know about the ridiculousness of some units - I can't change/re-balance them, because UP1.5 is about the new features, compatibility, crash fixes and the rest must stay the same, so people who played EE2 in 2005-2012 won't regret that installed the patch or won't have reasons to uninstall it due to changes they don't like.

Leader
Dr.MonaLisa

Post by Leader » 12 Sep 2017, 13:23

Minor update 156013 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Improved the partial fix for the "Scout Trick" (aka. "Scout Glitch"). Scouts have no longer the Patrol ability. It's to prevent abuses in Multiplayer games (issue claim by the Department of Control).
- Added the modern "Dark Launcher Theme", enabled by default. It can be disabled by the UP1.5 Settings. Changes the style of UP1.5 Launcher windows.
- Fixed many other layout problems of the Launcher windows.
- Added a warning when "UnofficialVersionConfig.txt is modified by another program, when the Configuration Utility window is open.
- Reduced the size of UP1.5 Launcher (more bitmaps loaded from external files).
- Updated DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9 converter) to improve reliability.

If you have got UP1.5.5+, you can update by clicking: empireearth2://FunctionMinorVersionInstall