Moved from: t1534 - Difference between EE2: MoJ and MoJ in real life

Since: 01.07.2011 to: 28.02.2014. For: Unofficial Patch 1.3 users.
lukwerty

Moved from: t1534 - Difference between EE2: MoJ and MoJ in real life

Post by lukwerty »

Hm, I am sorry for my intromission in this thread. But I would like to state my understanding related to this present "ministery of justice".

I was checking some reponsibilities and weights that only the minister of justice is able to manage and effectuate, which are the following items:
Leader wrote:Ministry of Justice

Responsibilities:
- administration of justice
- solving problems without using force between players
- ensuring the regularity of all new Amending Acts
- punishment players which insulted / hacked / did something wrong against versus players.
Actually, in real life, minister of justice isn't instructed to administrate/decide any judgement and or punishment of people, solving their respective problems... He has other responsibilities instead. Who is responsible to judge and decide about this kind of situation is the "judge"(or jury in other nations), varying according to the own power vested by his merits or nomeation.

Nevertheless, my purpose here is simply to suggest another form of judging these cases, even though it isn't necessary to rearrange this system of proceeding right now-immediately. I just propose that we should have three people able to judge and decide the cases in their own views. If we, for exemple, let someone like matty remains, other person might think we're letting him on it because he's in the ew clan and might benefit our clan; and it's consequently "unfair"(likewise timo). Therefore, in order to provide one better unbiased regime, there must have three judges; however, they mustn't be of the same clan and or same group in case they have it.

My list goes for: timo in the name of eeg clan(being 1rd one); matty in the name of ew clan(being 2rd one); and for last, someone like banzai or silver... well, i don't know, but theorically, it must be someone without any clan(because besides ew and eeg, there's none) and interested to judge and help our actual existent community.

That's my understanding about what would be "fair" in the resolution of the cases. Sure thing that, I won't obligate its implementation, I just announced it for now. If, tomorrow, you guys see any problem related to the judgements of the cases, you can execute this proposal as one states form of solution.

-Any suggestion, comment, review and or opinion is admissible-

Thanks in antecipation.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Moved from: t1534 - Difference between EE2: MoJ and MoJ in real life

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Please remember that Empire Earth II is a small community.
Minister of Justice cannot be a random player. Due that it's the most important Ministery for now - I'm (as Prime Minister of this Government) selecting only trusted people to take this place.
EE2 is a small community, and we cannot give work to half of all players. I don't imagine if there would be more judges which would work in the Ministery of Justice.

Another thing is that the Minister of the Justice will always give the last sentence, but ALWAYS players and other ministers will have time to discuss about a case in the topic. So it's not like one person receive rights to decide about all players. Minister of Justice should be a person who count poll-votes. Actually Matty wasn't very active Minister in the last year, so I had to close almost all polls by myself.
Nevertheless, my purpose here is simply to suggest another form of judging these cases, even though it isn't necessary to rearrange this system of proceeding right now-immediately. I just propose that we should have three people able to judge and decide the cases in their own views. If we, for exemple, let someone like matty remains, other person might think we're letting him on it because he's in the ew clan and might benefit our clan; and it's consequently "unfair"(likewise timo). Therefore, in order to provide one better unbiased regime, there must have three judges; however, they mustn't be of the same clan and or same group in case they have it.
Something like this would be very good thing, but unfortunately it's impossible.
Why?
I know it from the experience. For example we had 3 players which would "decide" about something. 1 of them would be inactive for month... and we couldn't work, decide just because "not all judges accepted decision". It would make our work even slower than it was.
That's why in my opinion - selecting 1, smart and active Minister of Justice is the best solution.
Also everybody's vote is important as same as those "3" judges would be.
An example you can see in the Gran Batuzay's Poll: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1524-granbatuzay-deserves-to-be-banned
Everyone had the time to vote and write his own opinion.
I think that democracy topics like those one are much better than all Government with all ministers.

What I wanted to do via Government in the last year?
I was too busy, and I couldn't decide / do everything by myself. I thought when we create a government, then I'll have less work. I was wrong, because some Ministers still waited for my decisions, while they could "solve" something without my help.
Of course in this year there be a lot of changes in the government, so every Minister will be informed what he has to do.

It shouldn't be like everyone wait on my topic with problem and then we decide. It should be like every Minister when see a problem creates a topic, and continue discussion about the case. Of course when a different player create topic, then Minister who is able to solve his problem should say: "Ministery of XXXX takes your case".
My list goes for: timo in the name of eeg clan(being 1rd one); matty in the name of ew clan(being 2rd one); and for last, someone like banzai or silver... well, i don't know, but theorically, it must be someone without any clan(because besides ew and eeg, there's none) and interested to judge and help our actual existent community.
We shouldn't treat government as clans.
Clans have nothing to the government. Government is to all players, and if we have clan-cases - we are solving it in hiden for other players subforums.
That's why clans doesn't matter in government. If it would be like you said, then every player who wanted work in the government would make his own, small clan, just to have place and work with other, experienced players. I also can'tt imagine how Banzai and Silver, inactive on the forum would work with us... If they're not interested in (they didn't make an application to be ministers), then we can't force them to do something...
We can't put every player to be Minister / judge, because some of players are just imnature, and they would ruin more than help.

In the last year, when I created the Government - every Minister was from the other clan.
And how it worked? It just didn't work! 3/4 Ministers were inactive on the forum, they didn't even play EE2.
Then some of Ministers which were in the other clans just joined ~eW`. That's why all Minister were ~eW`. This might be changed in this year, if more players will make application, but I can't promise it.

In the last year I did almost nothing for ~eW` and ~eWA`, and I did a lot for all EE2 community. That's why I think talking that "Government treats eW better, because they're all in" is a bullshit.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
lukwerty

Re: Moved from: t1534 - Difference between EE2: MoJ and MoJ in real life

Post by lukwerty »

Well, in view of that there aren't much active players on the ee2 community, I must confess I agree with you in this point. It would be senseless to execute this idea in this present moment.

About this question of clans, I was just supposed to mean that ministers should come from different clans, in order to avoid disagreements.

But anyway I won't disconsider your understanding... It certainly clarified me about somethings, until then that I hadn't knowledge about.

Return to “Old Empire Earth II Government”