Ee2 Government Reform

Since: 01.07.2011 to: 28.02.2014. For: Unofficial Patch 1.3 users.
dynasty

Ee2 Government Reform

Post by dynasty »

EE2 Government Reform

- Under these reforms it will ensure equality and fairness across all of Ee2
- This reform will ensure that no one person has to much power and will use the
Government idea of checks and balances
- Under this government reform there will be 3 Main Branches
- Under the branches will be the smaller departments

Brach 1 (Executive Branch)

- This branch will consist of 2 people ( Ee2 President and Ee2 Vice President ), which is voted on by all of the members of ee2.
- The Job of these two people is to work together to Come up with ideas for ee2 laws that can be given to the legislative branch to vote on. The Executive branch can also veto a law, but this veto can be overturned by the Judicial Branch if it is considered unlawful. (meaning it would be for the better/worse of ee2)
- The vote for president/vice president would take place every 6 months to make sure ee2 people are happy with what is going on.

Branch 2 (Legislative Branch)

- The Job of this branch is to be the ones who vote on certain topics.
- The way the people of the Legislative branch are decided, is by always having 10 members being apart of it.
- Every main clan and yes even if everyone doesn’t like them gets to have 1 person that is apart of this branch. If there is only say 6 clans on ee2/ ew forum at a certain time, the last 4 spots are filled by the bigger clans.
- The Legislative branch main priority is to come with laws for ee2.

Branch 3 (Executive Branch)

- The job of this branch is to establish justice in ee2 and to make sure that all the other branches are fulfilling their duties for the better of ee2.
- This Branch will have the right to override certain laws if they are going to hurt/help ee2.
- This branch will consist of two people who will work together to decide what is good/bad.
- This branch will also deal with the discipline of other players if problems take place on ee2/forum. The executive branch would also help in this situation too.

• Each person can only hold one position in government.
• If there are questions/ideas/things not agreed with please post and tell me and I will change it so that everyone can come to an agreement.
• The Smaller departments will basically consist of the dep of military/diplo/ ect. I will post more later on those.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Ee2 Government Reform

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Reform loosk really good, and I'm happy that someone wasted so much time for post which looks like mine.
But...
I disagree with point about President + Vice President.
EE2 actually has no president, and in my opinion it doesn't need to.

None can decide for all, that's why we have always democracy polls.
Same with Ministeries - 1 person decide in selected case BUT always with poll and listening to opinion of other players. So I think President is no needed. But we can select new Prime Minister (due that actually none was selected, so I just am).

BTW. please read: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1406-some-important-information-about-ee2-government
For more information why actually almost all ministers are in ~eW` clan, and to understand it is not our fault.

I might read again, and I'll write something more, but now I go to the city with dad. I'll back late

EDIT:
Selecting president every 6 months... I don't know if it's good idea... There would be only topics with selecting president... And it's not good. But as I said I don't want "President", since it's stupid. If you want to control any group of players, then you should create clan, like I did with ~eW`. But you can't control all players, from all clans because you are president of EE2. It shouldn't work like this.
Every decision must be accepted in poll. You say president would have "veto" chooise... So for example was poll, 75% of players wanted this "act" or something like this. But president voted no, so he says: VETO, and act can't be accepted, even when 3/4 players wanted it. That's why everything should be democratic, and we need just person who count votes.
Everyone player has right to create any Act, not only me (actually only I did, but everyone has rights, like you now).

Now little "out of topic". In my opinion selecting 2 Presidents won't help for example me to stop kicking people when I decide. Why? Because only I have bot, and even if someone call me to stop I'll ignore it.
Let's just say... Formally I can't do decision like this. Formally only votes and acceptation of MOJ can decide to kick anyone. But in practice I do what I want anyway (if this is against me, if it's problem between other players then of course I don't). So even 2 presidents wouldn't stop me, just because they won't have enought power...
So I don't think any reform can solve problems, due that Acts accepted before, like GBSA, EE2SA or ACBA will stay anyway...

EDIT:
I read it one more time, and I see that it's just reform like for Ministry of Justice...
Please remember that EE2 Government has a lot of other functions than just accepting and making ideas of Acts. For example Minister of Oldschool Players and Empire Earth II History should always have freedom in his work.
I agree that Ministery of Justice has too much power BUT... Check all topics... Actually this ministry didn't abuse power,
http://forum.ee2.eu/t916-ministry-of-justice
Possible penalty / judgment:
1. Discontinuance of proceedings
2. Conditional discontinuance of proceedings
3. Acquittal
4. Verbal reprimand
5. Assign a curator from Governament's Presidency Clan
6. Forbids reputation points from account on ~eW`~>FORUM (penalty depends by minister)
7. Playing ban with players. Penalty called: "gang banned", Ignoring by everyone on EE2
For example here: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1198p15-faker
~eW`~>Matty<~ wrote:I declare the case solved after Walkabout got verbal reprimand by the ministry of army and forces.
Next time when walkabout did worse shit, he was banned but only for 3 days...
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1352-shiit-walkabout

So I think Ministry of Justice isn't too mean for players and it working fine.
But if it needs reform, then I have no idea what to do...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Old Empire Earth II Government”