Trouble with saving game

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
FultonForever

Trouble with saving game

Post by FultonForever »

After long time I reinstalled Empire Earth II from my CDs from back in the day. It started working nicely on the Windows 10 but after an hour of playing, it crashed/bugged window turned up and I also noticed that the save/autosave feature didn't work. I downloaded the 1.5 update and installed it successfully. I played a little and the game seems more stable but the autosave/save function is still not working. I found this thread ( viewtopic.php?t=1814 ) and tried options described there - running as Administrator, changing the name of the save game folder etc. I am not using a antivirus program and cannot find that EEII would be blocked somewhere in Windows Security. Could you please help me to turn the save option back up?

Thank you in advance and thank you for all the amazing work you did to keep this awesome game running

- Update - it seems I have fixed it, added an exception in Windows defender, Ransomware protection, "Allow an app.."

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Trouble with saving game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

FultonForever, I'm happy that you like the UP1.5.

Thanks for posting the solution. It is indeed Windows Defender usually blocking the access.

For the reference for the other players who experience the same problem in the future, this option is here:
Screenshot 2021-05-16 154556.png
Screenshot 2021-05-16 154556.png (262.61 KiB) Viewed 1784 times

Greetings.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”