zoom/tilt

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
leitskev@gmail.com

zoom/tilt

Post by leitskev@gmail.com »

I was addicted to this when it came out all those years ago. Every 5 years or so I buy it again, lol. I got it installed and running...but the camera view I keep accidentally switching to is impossible to play with and I can't get out. What happens is the angle tilts from overhead to street view. I know it is something I am doing on the mousepad to cause the angle to roll and zoom in, but I can't reverse it. Any help much appreciated!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: zoom/tilt

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. So if I understood correctly, you can either zoom in fully or zoom out maximally? You're unable to keep the camera zoom at preferred distance? Or something else is happening? What version of Unofficial Patch 1.5 do you have currently installed?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
leitskev@gmail.com

Thanks. I don't know which version of patch. Installed it today, if that helps. Yes, I think it's doing what the wheel did on an old mouse, but there is no reason to put it in that position, other than it looks cool. But you can't play the game from that position.
IndieRock00

Post by IndieRock00 »

I don't want to write something out of place, but maybe you're referring to "free camera" mode?
If so, you can reset the camera view with the following combination: CTRL + ALT + G
Long life and prosperity. 🖖
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

So you're unable to set the camera at the fixed zoom, or you just don't like the maximum zoom-in settings that show at 90 degrees angle? If that's the case, you can disable the new camera settings following this guide: https://www.ee2.eu/help/#disablefeatures
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
leitskev@gmail.com

Thanks, guys, but this didn't help. It's not a matter of preference. I played the other night for 2 hours, no problem, then it happened again. Can't change the view, and it's impossible to play from too close a POV. Ctr + alt + G did change the angle, but didn't work. It went to a 3000ft high cloud-top view, which was weird and also useless. Not only that, but the command buttons all disappeared and it was hard to even close the game.

I did google for hotbuttons, found a list on EE Heaven. But they didn't work. Didn't actually do anything.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

OK, so you're experiencing a bug where game starts zooming in and out maximally, and you're unable to set a fixed camera settings?

As first, if you have a possibility I would recommend to try how it behaves when you're using a different USB mouse.

Second, I remember that this bug sometimes happens to players who modified their hotkeys settings. Did you change any game hotkeys?
Please start the game, go to "Settings" -> "Hotkeys" and click on "Default" button to reset them. Then test if the problem persists.
EE2_ScreenShot_2020-12-28_04.57.34.250.jpg
EE2_ScreenShot_2020-12-28_04.57.34.250.jpg (401.51 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
The hotkeys you set are automatically backupped with UP1.5, so you can restore them at any time following this guide: https://www.ee2.eu/help/#lostsettings

If you need a quick help, I would recommend you to use the Support Chat in the UP1.5 Launcher. The button is named "Need any help? Got a question? Click here to open the chat". Then I can see your UP1.5 configuration file and some hardware details that help to resolve such issues faster.
Not only that, but the command buttons all disappeared and it was hard to even close the game.
This sounds like CTRL + ALT + H hotkey which hides User Interface. You possibly clicked it when played with CTRL + ALT + G for Free Camera Mode.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
leitskev@gmail.com

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated. I figured out the problem was zooming in, and to get out I had to use page down button. Modern touchpads now have no way to turn off features like double tap and wheel. I never use them, so don't really know how. This leads occasionally to unwanted commands. Apparently one such command mimics the wheel and results in zooming.

I played this game when it first came out, several of the versions. And now every 4 or 5 years I buy it again, play it for a couple weeks, then quit...because it's too addictive. For example, last night I played for 7 hours. But it's a great game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for the feedback regarding your problem.

You can also use the " + " (plus) and " - " (minus) num-pad keyboard keys to control the zoom with minimal jumps.

If the problem is touchpad related, then please also make sure that option: "Fix for Synpatics Touchpad scrolling" is unchecked in UP1.5 Settings:
2020-12-29_20-54-51_Unofficial_Patch_1.5_-_Configuration_Utility.png
2020-12-29_20-54-51_Unofficial_Patch_1.5_-_Configuration_Utility.png (222.27 KiB) Viewed 3645 times
Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”