trying launch game

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
SoulsReapers

Re: trying launch game

Post by SoulsReapers »

I will try it thank you, sorry again for getting impatient, seems i had to click run or install on my cd options, for some reason it wasn't, but now it keeps getting stuck on the install, i will send a image but i dont know if its my game it self or the windows 10

Added after 3 minutes 53 seconds:
you said the patch works only after the installation, but it freezes at that point and wont cancel when i try to restart it, it forced my to hold the power button to shut down, would that be because the game disk could be old?

Added after 3 minutes 26 seconds:
i just hate to have to throw a game away that i loved playing, and no idea where to find it again most games that are old like this i cant find too often
Attachments
It wont past this point on installation
It wont past this point on installation
Screenshot_20200608-162702_Camera.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1074 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

SoulsReapers wrote: 08 Jun 2020, 22:44you said the patch works only after the installation, but it freezes at that point and wont cancel when i try to restart it, it forced my to hold the power button to shut down, would that be because the game disk could be old?
The patch works after the installation, but I sent a backup installer for the full game (1.8GB). Thanks to this, you won't need the CD working to install EE2. Please check my previous post for the .zip link.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
SoulsReapers

Post by SoulsReapers »

Ok thanks

Added after 12 minutes 29 seconds:
Sorry i am lost

Added after 1 minute 15 seconds:
I will take a better image

Added after 2 minutes 7 seconds:
Hope this ones read able

Added after 56 seconds:
I never had do something like this so its a bit confusing for me

Added after 3 minutes 49 seconds:
ok i think i figured it out

Added after 1 minute 46 seconds:
ok installation is working, it must be my game itself is there a way to repair them like other game systems do for their games or no?

Added after 15 minutes 2 seconds:
I am hoping this is my last time bugging you for this, but after this it should run

Added after 16 minutes 28 seconds:
ok it is working, again sorry for foul language before and thank you for trying to help, i appreciate it
Attachments
20200608_183228.jpg
20200608_183228.jpg (5.07 MiB) Viewed 1059 times
15916542865312761436827825314056.jpg
15916542865312761436827825314056.jpg (4.91 MiB) Viewed 1062 times
I am lost which setup file? I dont see setup.exe
I am lost which setup file? I dont see setup.exe
15916540517297140816141957240904.jpg (4.06 MiB) Viewed 1062 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Sorry for late reply - I wasn't home.

Since it's working, I guess questions about the setup.exe file can be skipped.
In the second photo I can see the Minor Update installer. This is fine. You've installed the old version of UP1.5 from the .zip archive, and it was just updated to the newest one from June 2020.

I was asking 3 times about the CD problems, in hope to see some screenshot showing the actual game CD or the moment where installation fails. It is because sharing the full game installer is not something common to do, and could be considered as piracy. This is why I wanted some "stronger" confirmation, before I could share the backup archive. It might sound "annoying", but I often verify information before providing the actual answers. EE2 community has players around the world. Some of them have problems describing what the actual problem is. For example, on the Support Chat some players are reporting that their game "crashes", while they just have problems maximizing it. If I weren't confirming those things, it would be giving totally different solutions for unhandled exception game crashes, instead of a simple tutorial video how to fix those maximization problems. So this is why it can sometimes sound like I didn't understand the problem, while I just want to confirm stuff with direct replies. On the forum it's sometimes harder to keep up, because messages are posted with a greater delay than on the Support Chat. I might forget certain things and just ask again. Hope it clarifies some things.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”