trying launch game

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
SoulsReapers

trying launch game

Post by SoulsReapers »

i ended up getting a newer computer and now the game wont load, i put it into the cd tray and nothing happens, does not give the option to install anymore so does this game even work at all now for windows 10

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: trying launch game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

In order to play on newer Windows versions, you need to install Unofficial Patch 1.5, which is available here: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/#information

However, if I understand correctly you have a problem with the installation? Are you able to install the game, or what do you mean by "nothing happens"? Could you please post screenshots of the last window you're able to see in the installer?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
SoulsReapers

Post by SoulsReapers »

I mean the disc spins and nothing hsppens, no window opens to install

Added after 1 minute 14 seconds:
Game use to work on older computers but mine gave out, now i got a new computer it wont load or read the disk

Added after 1 minute 12 seconds:
I tried cleaning it, i tried rebooting the computer and nothing, i even took out the disk 10 time to try get it to read

Added after 1 minute 17 seconds:
Games acting like its a empty disk? So why cant i plsy it anymore?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Is EE2 installed on your computer at the moment, or you have problems starting the installer?

Have you tried to click with the right mouse button on this CD, and select "Explore" from the list, to see if it shows any files?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SoulsReapers

Post by SoulsReapers »

No its not installed, and i just said it won't open up, it wont load whats hard to understand?????? Windows 10 doesn't read the disk, nothing at all not i am getting annoyed saying it

Added after 1 minute 20 seconds:
It acts as if theres no disk in the cd tray

Added after 37 seconds:
I tried disk 2 of 2 for the add ons and same thing
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What's so hard to understand?

Title: "trying launch game".
Understood as: Game is installed but there are problems with launching, which are common on Windows 10, and fixed by Unofficial Patch 1.5.

"game wont load", "does not give the option to install anymore".
Could be understood as: Game is installed, won't load and doesn't give an option to reinstall. Word "anymore" could also suggest that the first attempt on the new computer succeed.

"Games acting like its a empty disk? So why cant i plsy it anymore?"
Could be understood as trying to start the already installed game, but getting "No CD" error, which is a common problem on Windows 10 due to removed SafeDisc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SafeDisc
Shortly after the release of Windows 10 in 2015, Microsoft announced that games with SafeDisc DRM would not run on the operating system, citing security concerns over the software due to the way in which it becomes "deeply embedded" in the system. Microsoft stated that supporting SafeDisc could have been a possible loophole for computer viruses to exploit. [4][5] Support for SafeDisc on earlier versions of Windows was withdrawn upon the release of update number 3086255 in 2015.[6]
So don't get "annoyed" when I'm trying to verify / confirm the facts. After all this is not an official game support, so you should be grateful that at least unofficial one exists. Getting direct answers helps to focus on the actual problem, rather than giving general solutions.

Your problem can be solved by downloading the backup installer from here: //Removed//
After it's downloaded, please open file "HOW TO INSTALL.txt" for detailed guide.
Please use your own CD-KEY in the installer.
If you want to use a different language, after installation use: https://www.ee2.eu/download/languagechanger/
When the installation is finished, download and install Unofficial Patch 1.5, from: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/ to be able to play on Windows 10.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SoulsReapers

Post by SoulsReapers »

I am getting annoyed because you keep asking me what is wrong, i said it several times, it does not open at all, will not opem a window for the game to install or run, i might as well try playing without a disk thars WHAT I MEAN!!!!

Added after 2 minutes 14 seconds:
So dong go wording everything i say i want a fucking answer a fucking dictionary of what my words are

Added after 2 minutes 26 seconds:
But insted i am going give up because you aren't helpful snd only pissing me off, and games obviously garbage now

Added after 9 minutes 40 seconds:
Or here another way to word my problem try playing a game without a game, when i put the ee2 disk in it doesn't load, doesn't open a window to install, don't open a window to play, it doesn't work, any more ways i need to say it??????
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

You don't need to say anything anymore.

After your boorish messages I've removed the link to the backup installer from my previous post.

Good luck finding a solution somewhere else.

Topic locked.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
SoulsReapers

trying launch game

Post by SoulsReapers »

i managed to get it to run and start the installation but its now stuck on here, and i apologize for my last topic, i just got reopen this on my phone and ill send screen shot

Added after 2 minutes 13 seconds:
SoulsReapers wrote: 08 Jun 2020, 21:36 i managed to get it to run and start the installation but its now stuck on here, and i apologize for my last topic, i just got reopen this on my phone and ill send screen shot

Added after 1 minute 7 seconds:
I waited 20 mins wont move, cant even cancel without forcing shut down

Added after 1 minute 15 seconds:
I might just give up, i use play the game all the time so gor it to not want run anymore is a huge bummer

Added after 3 minutes 33 seconds:
Ya third time i need to force shut down it keeps freezing up my computer

Added after 13 minutes 40 seconds:
Keeps getting stuck on C:\...Sierra\Empire Earth II\ArcadeinstallEEARTH2_20.EXE
Attachments
20200608_164341.jpg
20200608_164341.jpg (5.62 MiB) Viewed 2293 times
20200608_164327.jpg
20200608_164327.jpg (4.48 MiB) Viewed 2293 times
Screenshot_20200608-162702_Camera.jpg
Screenshot_20200608-162702_Camera.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2295 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I re-opened the topic, since you're still trying to install it.
I've provided a backup installer link in this post: viewtopic.php?p=25711#p25711 but you continued the discussion with vulgar messages, without reading my whole post...

Anyway, for the last time:
Download the backup installer from here: //removed//
After it's downloaded, please open file "HOW TO INSTALL.txt" for detailed guide.
Please use your own CD-KEY in the installer.
If you want to use a different language, after installation use: https://www.ee2.eu/download/languagechanger/
When the installation is finished, download and install Unofficial Patch 1.5, from: https://www.ee2.eu/patch/ to be able to play on Windows 10.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”