How to fix Login failed due to a connection failure error?

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Misteran

How to fix Login failed due to a connection failure error?

Post by Misteran »

I get this error while trying to create an account in the multiplier section using the 1.5 unofficial patch on the base EEII game.

I have tried to look for this issue in this forum but I can't see to find anything here. I can connect to the main website, ee2.eu, just fine using browsers.
I also tried a VPN just in case but nothing changed. I play other games without any issues so any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: How to fix Login failed due to a connection failure error?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. The Multiplayer Lobby is running fine: https://www.ee2.eu/status/#multiplayerload
I can see users online at the moment.

Could you (for test) try to connect using the Internet shared from your phone (WiFi/USB hotspot)? That would tell us if the problem lays on the Internet side or software.

What firewall / antivirus programs do you use? Have you checked in then if EE2 doesn't have the access blocked?

After installing UP1.5 you didn't use any no-cd crack .exe to replace the launcher file, right? UP1.5 already doesn't require CD to start game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Misteran

Post by Misteran »

Thank you very much for replying.

I've tried to connect to the servers using different networks, and as you asked, also used my phone's data via HotSpot.
It didn't change anything and the error persists.

I'm using Windows 10's base firewall. The game has full access to the internet through the firewall settings and just in case I added it manually again after it failed to connect. Also I'm connecting to this website using the same internet and device.
So the main possible reason is probably the software which I'm trying to replace right now. Is the old torrents for the game files still up?

P.S. I haven't used any crack files for the game.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

It seems like your country is Iran.
This has been reported multiple times during the last few months that Iranian players can't connect.
This most likely is a block on the country level firewall / censorship servers. There is unfortunately nothing I can do about it. It's not even easy to detect what ports they're blocking.

However, this problem was solved for Iranian players after using the VPN and sometimes the mobile Internet. I would suggest to try with the VPN again.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Misteran

Post by Misteran »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 22:32 It seems like your country is Iran.
This has been reported multiple times during the last few months that Iranian players can't connect.
This most likely is a block on the country level firewall / censorship servers. There is unfortunately nothing I can do about it. It's not even easy to detect what ports they're blocking.

However, this problem was solved for Iranian players after using the VPN and sometimes the mobile Internet. I would suggest to try with the VPN again.
Thanks a lot.
Well, that's unfortunate but well I guess there isn't an option here.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

But please try with the VPN one more time. It has been reported that VPNs work fine.

The ports that EE2.eu Lobby use are: "TCP 6667", "TCP 28955", "TCP 29900", "TCP 28910", "TCP 29901", "TCP 29920", "TCP 80", "UDP 27900", "UDP 27901", "UDP 29910".

Port 443 (for HTTPs) seems to work fine for you, because this forum and the UP1.5 Launcher use exactly the same main server as the Multiplayer Lobby.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”