Sea Units Not Moving

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
rjpage

Sea Units Not Moving

Post by rjpage »

Hello, everytime I've played Empire Earth 2 AOS Unofficial Patch 1.5 on single player skirmish mode - after a little ways into the game on small or large island maps my sea units stop moving. As matter of fact all sea units on the map stop moving. When I give them a command to move just a meter away they turn in a circle, then try to move, but it's like they are restricted from moving anywhere. I know it is not coordinated attack mode because all my land units are still moving just fine. This has been happening for about a year now. Please help! I can't play on small island map without my sea units!

Also, the titanic unit is an awesome and very helpful unit but sometimes when I try to unload units on a island, it won't work. The titanic will spin around in circles all day and not unload its cargo no matter how many times I tell it to. Granted I have found that the unit prefers a large beach with little to no objects such as trees blocking it, but I still feel like it should be able to unload troops a little at a time in small confined areas when needed. If this could be fixed then that would be great!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Sea Units Not Moving

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. What happens when you save the game, and then re-load it from the save? Is the problem gone then?

Titanic will always be bugged. Too big (because... well I wanted to exaggerate it this way).

The ships pausing problem has been mentioned several times on the Support Chat. I never experienced it myself. Could be some error depended on many factors (map size, population, etc.). I'll be honest - there's almost no chance this will ever be fixed in UP1.5. It would be impossible to detect it with assembly, and then fixing it would be even harder.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
rjpage

Post by rjpage »

Yes saving and restarting the map did seem to resolve it this time. I was able to continue the game till the end. Thanks
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

If that happens rarely, I think that would be the best solution for it :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”