Multiple actions

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Winnie-the-Pooh

Multiple actions

Post by Winnie-the-Pooh »

Hello there,

I have a problem when I want to advise my citizens or other units to fulfill multiple duties one after another. I do know that I have to press shift and use the mouse for example to build two or more buildings. However, when I do so there are two possibilities that might happen:

1) I let my citizen build two or more buildings, he will start with the first one and fulfill the second and even third, just as intended.

2) I advise my citizen to do as above, however he will only go to the last building and forget about the others.

I have the impression, that it depends on how I end the action-telling. Either by left or rightclicking the mouse. But I do not really get the point of it.

Next question :
When I want to give more than one duty to my units, does this work the same way? Like, for example, first build a city center and then gather stone.

One more thing : Thanks a lot for all the hard and excellent work. It is really cool that some people are spending their free time without being paid so we others can enjoy!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Multiple actions

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello, and welcome to the EE2.eu forums!
The shift building works as you wrote in point "1", and it always works as expected, however: you must click very carefully the right-mouse button on the construction sites of buildings. If you miss-click somewhere in the empty area - the citizen will cancel all previous building orders and will move straight to that point, ignoring all previous orders. So basically shift commands for citizens work only for building, and in case they receive a "move" command (even pressed with SHIFT) - they'll execute the move command and cancel all previous.
If you already have placed construction sites of buildings, then you have to select a citizen, keep the SHIFT key pressed, and click on each construction site with the RIGHT mouse button.
If you don't have construction sites of buildings yet, you have to select a citizen, click for example barracks building with LEFT mouse button (or using the B hotkey), and then keep the SHIFT key pressed and place many buildings of this type using the LEFT mouse button. It might be a bit confusing, but basically when placing new buildings which you see in green - you should use the LEFT mouse button, and when you want to finish existing buildings you should use SHIFT with the RIGHT mouse button.

About question 2: I'm not sure how it will work. I think this SHIFT orders for citizens work mostly for building, and when you give the other command type, like collect resources/move - they will probably cancel the building commands. But once again, I'm not 100% sure about it, and I personally don't use this type of operations. I use SHIFT only for buildings.

I'm very happy that you like the patch! Positive feedback is always something nice to read :)

If you have any other question or if my explanation wasn't clear enough, please feel free to ask again.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
hufflepuff

Post by hufflepuff »

Hey Dr.MonaLisa thanks for your detailed answer!
I'm also a big fan of your patch and enjoy playing the game! So thanks very much for your hard work!

Since I have a similar question and saw something similar in one of your videos I would also post here.

What is it what you do in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3WEO2rBicI between 1:50 and 1:52? Aren't you doing something like "build X and afterwards do Y."?
The citizen even answers with two "yes" commands. How can you do something like this? I guess not with shift since you said shift is only for buildings?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Good point! Actually you're right. First I built a warehouse, then I kept the SHIFT pressed and clicked the RIGHT mouse button on the tin resource. It makes citizens go collecting the specified resource after the building is finished. Actually, they would automatically go to this resource (they always select the closest one) after warehouse was finished, but it's useful in case there are other resources available and you want to send citizens to specific one.
Sorry for misleading in my previous post. I play EE2 since I was 7, so somehow I do things automatically without thinking about it, and then sometimes I'm not able to correctly explain things.
So basically, the SHIFT command for citizens should work for most of commands, except "move" which cancels previous.

One day I was searching for some software that would display hotkeys pressed on the screen, but unfortunately I didn't find anything that would work with NVIDIA Shadowplay (aka Nvidia Share) which I use to record games :(

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”