Settings of a scenario ?

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Atuladi

Settings of a scenario ?

Post by Atuladi »

Hi, I'm creating a scenario in the map editor with no territory, it looks fine except that the pop is locked to 5... There are 2 things here :
First, I cannot choose hoow much pop does a City Center give, at least I didn't find it.
Second, and that one is kinda stupid and need to be patched if possible, houses don't provide pop if it is not in your territory.

I'm plaing with the 1.5 unofficial patch.

I also would like to know how to make a custom unit with more HP/atk/range that it should.

TY

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Settings of a scenario ?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Second, and that one is kinda stupid and need to be patched if possible, houses don't provide pop if it is not in your territory.
That's how it is supposed to work. In EE2 houses give population on territories you own. I think it was even mentioned in the tutorial mission.

About the population changes. You will need to create and load a custom script. Example on how to load it: viewtopic.php?p=19687#p19687
The .ies commands are listen in: EE2 installation folder\Scripting Docs\EE2 SCRIPTING.doc
I think you can set population per city center by it.

Or if you don't want to learn those boring scripts, and you don't want to place city centers - place "Tree of Death" (UP1.5 unit) for each player. It will remove 999 population from the counter so should have the same, expected effect :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Atuladi

Post by Atuladi »

I think that we should be able to play without territories if we don't like it.

But good think you put that tree ^^
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

EE2 was created for the territory system, so it's quite normal that territories must be claimed to give population. However, that tree of death fixes population limits in custom scenarios, so it should be good enough :) You can place this tree somewhere in the map corner, so it doesn't even affect the scenario :)
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Atuladi

Post by Atuladi »

Tbh I would play EE 1 if the graphics were not so bad, that explains my point of view :p
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Yeah, understandable. But basically I'm trying to keep EE2 as it was originally, so not changing such things (as population without territories, houses without territory claimed) with Unofficial patch :)

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”