1.5.6 Decompression error

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
warmowed

1.5.6 Decompression error

Post by warmowed »

Hi when I did the recent update to 1.5.6 during the installation process I received an unknown decompression error #2026 which I have to hit abort on the prompt. The game still plays however the launcher thinks I'm still running on 1.5.5 despite the menu showing that I'm on 1.5.6
This may be because I'm running this in wine. The only effect that I have seen is that in the map editor I'm not able to generate flat maps.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: 1.5.6 Decompression error

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for contacting us.
Installation errors are usually caused by AntiVirus programs ( https://ee2.eu/help/#sharingviolation ) however, since you're using WIne it's not that obvious.

Please try to install the update again:
In the Launcher click on the "Change UP1.5 Settings" button, then "Reinstall". Make sure that the "since ver." is equal or lower to your previous version (before you installed 1.5.6 update).
The minor update installer should re-download and repair files which CRC don't match. For more information about the minor update process, please check: https://ee2.eu/update/

You can also download the full UP1.5.6 installer from: https://ee2.eu/patch
The installer on ee2.eu/patch always contains the most recent version (which includes all minor updates).

If it doesn't help, then maybe using a new wine prefix would fix it.

Greetings.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
warmowed

Post by warmowed »

Sorry about not properly introducing myself, but thanks for your quick reply. I tried the Change UP1.5 Settings reinstall route and the error is persistent but now the version numbers match. Using the minor update installer had the same effect, when I get a chance I'll create a new prefix and see if that solves it. I have screenshots of the errors, which I am now able to choose the "ignore" option which allows me to see each error dialog before it wasn't allowing me to advance the prompts. The install will complete and it says it was success full even though the errors occurred.
Attachments
errors.png
errors.png (29.58 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Thanks for details.
I have a few additional questions.
- What version were you running before you decided to install 1.5.6 (aka 156001)? Did you already use the new 1.5 installer?
This is the new installer:
This is the old installer:
The new installer was included in 155012 or something.
- The screenshot of error message boxes you showed: Is it from the Minor Update installer, or the Full 1.5.6 installer? The minor update installer can download the full installer if you select the first installation version ( oldpics/o-minor-update-installer.png ). Did you select "1.0 to 1.5.6.000" or "1.5.5.000 to 1.5.6.001"? If the first one, can you repeat the Reinstall steps and try selecting "1.5.5.000 to 1.5.6.001"?
- Are you sure that EE2 folder has the correct writing permissions and the correct owner? (The installer should fix attributes, but with Wine we never know what works and what doesn't).

The version number match probably because the version identification file was successfully copied, but if you ignores these errors the update is not fully installed (some things are for sure unavailable in game, like the new ceasefire options, etc).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”