Problem launching game

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
bouncingbetty2015

Problem launching game

Post by bouncingbetty2015 »

Hello!

I would appreciate your help -
I have been trying to launch game with no luck,

the error message is attached.

Tnx in advance
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-06-28 10.16.10.png
Screenshot 2016-06-28 10.16.10.png (33.65 KiB) Viewed 4085 times

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Problem launching game

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

1, You're using an outdated version of Unofficial Patch 1.5. Install the newest minor update or re-install Unofficial Patch 1.5 from https://ee2.eu/patch
I know that you're not using the newest version, because some updates earlier this error message has been replaced to:
"The CRC32 checksum of Empire Earth II don't match, and the built-in EXEGenerator couldn't generate a new file. It's possible that your Antivirus is blocking the UP1.5 Launcher from accessing game folders. Please temporarily disable your antivirus. If this error repeats - please re-install Unofficial Patch 1.5. If it didn't solve the problem, please contact Dr.MonaLisa by the chat in the Launcher.\nYou can try to launch EE2 as Administrator to fix this problem. Would you like to do it now? Click YES to launch EE2 as Administrator or NO to ignore this error"
2. You can read more information about this error on this website: https://ee2.eu/help/#crc32

Greetings.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Ori

Post by Ori »

Hi,
bouncingbetty2015 and I have been working together on trying to sovle the launching problem.
after we re-installed the Unofficial Patch 1.5, the game crashed when we tried launching it again. I might add that we tried turning off the anti virus but the game still crashes at the same point.
Any idea what could cause the problem?

ori
Attachments
IMG-20160627-WA0003 (1).jpg
IMG-20160627-WA0003 (1).jpg (34.05 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi. Is it crashing? Any error displays, or just this "Empire Earth II is starting..." picture is all the time visible?
Most of times crashes are fixed by game reinstall, but no idea why game files would get damaged...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Ori

Post by Ori »

Only this picture, and after a few minutes of no response we need to restart the computer.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Both of you, on different computers? Very strange.
Do you both maybe use Avast Antivirus?
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Ori

Post by Ori »

Not on differnet computers, EE is installed on my computer and works great. when I find friends who want to start playing I pass the game files from my computer through a disk on key, without any problems. This time, I transferred the files through google drive to bouncingbetty2015's computer, where we are experiencing problems...
and yes, the antivorus is avast.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Make sure you disable avast totallly, or simply uninstall it to be sure.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Ori

Post by Ori »

Hi,
On an unrelated issiue, I have some questions about the configurasion files. Im trying to edit the files in a way that will make the game more 'economic' giving players a stronger incentive to engage in "economic diplomacy" - for example lowering the resource gather rate, that forces players to trade resources in order to build a significante army.

1. some subjects have a parameter in the config files, but for some reason there's no change in the game: these enclode "s_TechPointGthrRateHandicapGameGod" and "g_iNumRequiredBranchTechsPerEpoch", when I change their values there is no in-game difference. I might add that other parameters don't cause me problems...

2. is there a way to change the amount of gold generated by the trade of a player with himself? from what i saw the config files only offer a change in the bonuses by foriegn trade:
("//Trade parameters // s_tradeForeignBonus (0.2) // bonus to gold generated when trading with another player (not yourself) //s_tradeForeignTax (0.2) // fraction of trade gold the OTHER player gets (not deducted from total, just an extra bonus for them")

3. on a larger note, I noticed the diplomacy options offer to demande terittories and resources, but not units. Is there a reason for this? if not i'd recommende adding a "select demanded units" option in the next update.

4. in order to make the game more economy oriented - what other changes would you recommend?

thanks in advance!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

First of all, have you fixed the launching problems? If yes, please write which solution worked.

1. Those options might not work in the final version of EE2. The developers moved configuration later to other files (for example .csv in zips folder). If you're editing config.cfg, then remember to remove "//" before the option. It's also possible that you need to add this variable to myconfig.cfg instead. But it's very random, I never know how it works.

2. I think it's set in trade cart DDF (zips/db.zip/Units/trade cart.ddf or something like this).

3. No and it won't be added for the simple reason: I don't have the source code of the game, so game engine changes are impossible.

4. I don't know :( I'm keeping the orginal game balance and I was never thinking about economy mod :(
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”