Problem Illumination

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
juan11220

Problem Illumination

Post by juan11220 »

Hi, install the expansion art of supremacy, and lighting adjustment to increase the high and the game looks like in the picture.

what can I do?

my video card is the Nvidia Geforce 820.
I use Dr. pack mona lisa!

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Problem Illumination

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
Sorry for late reply, I've forgotten to check the forum.

When you start EE2 1.5, the launcher should ask you to set lighting details to low. You should click yes, because lightings are just lagging the game. It doesn't make a big graphics difference, but you will feel horrible laggs when playing. So I just recommend to keep lighting details on low. It doesn't matter how good computer, graphics card you have, the game is just bad optimized, and sometimes we need to disable some of "features" to make it playbale.

However, this is not a game bug, but the DirectX 9, added by Unofficial Patch 1.5. You have probably enabled the DirectX 9 in the UP1.5 Settings. If you really want to play on high lighting details, then just uncheck "Enable DirectX 9" in UP1.5 Settings, and then it should look fine in game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Problem Illumination

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

To make things clear - this bug was fixed some updates ago, with the new version of DirectX 8 to DirectX 9 converter. So basically it's possible to use High Lighting Details on EE2: AOS, but I don't recommend it (it horribly reduces game performance).

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”