Launch Problem

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
joekyle89

Launch Problem

Post by joekyle89 »

I just bought the game today and downloaded the latest patch (1.5.4). When I launch the game, my screen flickers repeatedly before the game crashes and I get the error message "Fatal Error. Failed to create Direct3D Device. Cannot continue"

After looking around the forum, I tried a couple small fixes (not the most computer literate guy, I didn't want to make it any worse). None of them worked and now when I launch the game it just crashes and the error message no longer pops up.

I am using a work laptop, which could be the problem. Here are the schematics:

Lenovo Thinkpad
Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB Ram
64-bit operating system
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.50 GHz

Any insights, help, or fixes would be great. Thanks.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Launch Problem

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey.

1.5.4 is not the latest. Install the minor update, to update your game to 1.5.5 (155001 currently). By the way, where have you downloaded 1.5.4? It should not longer be available to download.

I checked statistics from you (identified by address assigned to this post), and it seems that you have some graphics card I have never seen before:
"GPUs: LANDesk Remote Control Mirror Driver, Intel(R) HD Graphics Family DX8GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"
This "LANDesk Remote Control Mirror Driver" is probably the problem. Have you installed some software for virtual machines / remote control? Try to disable / remove those drivers (LANDesk Remote Control Mirror Driver) using the Windows Device Manager.

You can also try to enable DirectX 9 by UP1.5 Settings (Simply start the Launcher, go to UP1.5 Settings, enable it and install requires SDKs). You have the second GPU which is Intel HD, so if DirectX 9 doesn't help, try to enable this Fix for Intel HD GPUs in UP1.5 Settings.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”