What kind of buildings are those?

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
lukwerty

What kind of buildings are those?

Post by lukwerty »

Ok, I'm challenging you guys, absolutely anyone, to guess where is the university or the oil mine.

tImageImage" />

So, guessed? I bet you didn't...

Well It does not seem to be so problematic at first, but it is when you're playing a conventional game with your friends, especially in a high epoch such as 15 where you must control spies, scouts and resources all at once. It was exactly what happened to me! I was playing a game with my friends and then I've seen this since I didn't know about that before. Initially I've ignored it but when things got complicated for my side it  only confused me and then i couldnt see anything because of this enormous tower. So i ask: what happened to the normal one that we used to have?

Also, there's another problem ocurring to me when I play...

As you can see I'm not able to see anything, I mean those new buildings and features that you "miraculously" brought us on that new patch...

I asked the opinion of three different people about it and everybody agreed that it's terribly bad. What happens now? ...

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: What kind of buildings are those?

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

1. You almost never play epochs 15 on Multiplayer.
2. Those are new buildings for epoch 15, and none of existing models have been replaced - they're present in earlier epochs (13-14).
3. I have no problem finding university, it's even shown on the icon. You might need to increase your textures quality to see them correctly (they seem to be compressed on the screenshots).
4. To see things behind the "towers" you can move the camera on the right-left, or simply rotate it.
5. There are hotkeys to select the next barracks, workshop, missile silo, university, etc.
6. New buildings for epoch 15 look good, it's normal that you have to learn them when you're playing for the first time. I have never heard that anybody has problems with new models, so I hardly doubt any of your friends really dislike them. Your screenshots are ugly, but they look much better in reality, example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe3DyELq1PE
7. You didn't mention it, but the screenshots are from the Unofficial Version 1.5, which is absolutely optional, so instead of complaining you could just uninstall it, and play EE2 as it was orginally, or use developer's version of UP1.5 without any graphics changes in game: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1731-development-diary-ee2-ee2x-unofficial-patch-1-5-a-version-of-up1-5-for-modders

*Please note that Unofficial Version 1.5 has "(2015)" next to the title not for no reason. It's designed for new computers, widescreen monitors, Windows 8+ (although it works fine with the older windows versions too). As I can see you have 30 and less FPS when nothing really happens, so I'm worrying that EE2 1.5 won't work good with your hardware, and all graphics issues you're reporting (can't find university?) are related to your computer, not the patch.
Proof that the problem doesn't exist:

I would also like to mention, that I don't like the form of this topic. First of all, if you're reporting a issue then you could keep comments like: 'features that you "miraculously" brought us on that new patch...' for yourself, because I find such sarcastic sentences disrespectful. I'm an independent developer that shares months of my work for free, and you sound at least like you paid over 100$ for the patch, or like it's my grace that you are actually using it.
Second: I guess you made this topic, to show this "issue" to everyone. It's normal that when people see such complaints, they'll find out that they have this problem, even if for the last year they didn't notice it. I hope you're not doing it with a vengeance for denieing your proposal to replace Deus in the Department of History of the MoGA yesterday, because it would be ridiculous.
For the last year I noticed a huge increase of the number of hosted EE2 games with epochs 13+. Back in time, almost nobody played those epochs "from start" (r-r  settings don't count). It means that new buildings/units have many fans, and since it's good nothing will be changed / reverted. You could make a petition to revert epoch 15 models back, but it requires at least 2% of the total unofficial patch 1.5 users (30 000), so around 600 votes. I think it's simply impossible to collect that many votes (especially, because 99.9% of players use Singleplayer mode only, and it's impossible to contact them).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
lukwerty

Post by lukwerty »

so and what should i do? My game won't work because of that now right?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

lukwerty wrote:so and what should i do? My game won't work because of that now right?
If you're playing, then it works. Unfortunately, if you have the low FPS problem with the Unofficial Patch, using the official version (1.2) won't help. It could even make it worse.

You can try to enable DirectX9 and/or a Fix for Intel HD problems in the Patch Configuration Utility.
Simply start EE2, then click on the "Change UP1.5 Settings" button, and find section: "Experimental Graphics Fixes" or something like this. It's not recommended to use both fixes at once, so better to check them one by one, and see if any of them helps.

You should use a native screen resolution in game (by native, I mean the same as your monitor's maximum supported screen resolution). Screen resolutions don't affect game performances. You can also set textures quality to high, because it doesn't affect performances at all (the FPS will be the same as with textures quality on Low).

Unfortunately, all new monitors have 16:9, 16:10 aspect ratio, and only screen resolutions with this aspect ratio will display new models "without making problems" like invisible university, etc.

I hope any of solution helps, otherwise I would recommend to upgrade your computer.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
lukwerty

Post by lukwerty »

Okay, its been helping me, thanks.

But i mean I've unistalled 1.5 patch but now I can't host any games? How could I be able to host 'em back on 1.2?

Also Mona, it's completely out of topic I know but there wasn't necessary to "warn" people about giving their whatsapps number... (Most part of them knows that they must not LOL). You knew exactly that I was asking for my close friends, or my old ee2 friends their numbers in order to create a new whatsapp group for playing purposes. I haven't forced anyone to give me them, I've even wondered if you wanted to transmit yours to me but you denied and so I accepted it without contesting...But seriously, what was the need of doing that? I wasn't asking for anyone's besides the ones I already know and also that know me very well. Anyway its fine, I understand you... I believe you intended to protect ee2 players privacy so thats ok, this is acceptable I think. And no hell, vegeance for not being ee2 minister? Gosh no... I simply had offered you my help to make ee2 more alive to call ppl to play since I wasnt playing with anybody, but you told me there's no need for that and then I simply agreed with you and went on. Seriously, It can't be serious... Unbelievable it's happening to me now... You accused me hastily now but ok. Anyway thanks.

ImageImage" />
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

But i mean I've unistalled 1.5 patch but now I can't host any games? How could I be able to host 'em back on 1.2?
Please in this topic: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1723-ee2-1.5 find "Questions & Answers", and then "How to uninstall the unofficial patch?".
Also Mona, it's completely out of topic I know but there wasn't necessary to "warn" people about giving their whatsapps number... (Most part of them knows that they must not LOL). You knew exactly that I was asking for my close friends, or my old ee2 friends their numbers in order to create a new whatsapp group for playing purposes.
I'm very sorry, but I had to warn people. I couldn't know who's asked for the phone number, and while I'm unable to verify it, I wanted to give an information that any of those groups is not powered by us.
On the other hand, 2 days after my tweet, I received an information that some person got added to this group while didn't want to. In this case, his phone number was shared between all members who are in this group. I'd recommend to use messengers which don't require using phone numbers, because in some countries it's possible to track personal information (name, address) of the phone number owners, also it's possible to send premium-subscriptions requests, and if a phone number owner accidentally accept it or misunderstand the message may lose money. Another possibility are stalking empty-calls, which we already experienced in this community in 2011-2012 after some player leaked their phone number on the GameSpy lobby.
Some weeks ago, a big securiy "hole" was found on Android. Please read more here: http://fortune.com/2015/07/27/stagefright-android-vulnerability-text/
(it means that if there was someone untrusted in your WhatsApp group, he could take control over the phone. Most of devices are still not updated.)
Everything I wrote in the phone number case is true, that's why I decided to warn players by Twitter (which is integrated with the UP1.5 Launcher). It's really nothing personal.
Gosh no... I simply had offered you my help to make ee2 more alive to call ppl to play since I wasnt playing with anybody, but you told me there's no need for that and then I simply agreed with you and went on.
Unbelievable it's happening to me now... You accused me hastily now but ok.
Okay, sorry I was just guessing, because the first post was a little bit aggressive and sarcastic.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
lukwerty

Post by lukwerty »

Please in this topic: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1723-ee2-1.5 find "Questions & Answers", and then "How to uninstall the unofficial patch?".
Thanks. Haven't checked it out just yet but once you replied with such a cordiality to me I believe it will meet my expectations.
I'm very sorry, but I had to warn people. I couldn't know who's asked for the phone number, and while I'm unable to verify it, I wanted to give an information that any of those groups is not powered by us.
Still I can't grasp your evasive intentions on doing so, especially in terms of verifying it (is there anything to verify in a whatsaap group?). And also because I wasn't asking for anybody's number but only acquainted ones, ie, max 3 or 4 ee2 players, preferably to those I've already got some sort of contact (facebook, twitter, etc).
On the other hand, 2 days after my tweet, I received an information that some person got added to this group while didn't want to.
I see. There might be some unclear situation right here. I've only added acquainted friends on our group and as far as I know no one has complained about that. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding issue.
I'd recommend to use messengers which don't require using phone numbers
Thanks. Quite useful for the next time, in case of occurring that again.
It's really nothing personal.
No hard feelings. It's fully comprehensible and acceptable from your part.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Still I can't grasp your evasive intentions on doing so, especially in terms of verifying it (is there anything to verify in a whatsaap group?). And also because I wasn't asking for anybody's number but only acquainted ones, ie, max 3 or 4 ee2 players, preferably to those I've already got some sort of contact (facebook, twitter, etc).
As I said in the previous post "I couldn't know who's asked for the phone number, and while I'm unable to verify it, I wanted to give an information that any of those groups is not powered by us". However it's all for the security reasons, and I'm serious that using phone numbers to communication isn't safe. The number is shared between all members who are currently in the group, and if any of members does not wish to share their number with the rest of players, even if he's your friend, and you add him to the group without asking him first, then it's not good.
I know no one has complained about that. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding issue.
Maybe to not give a signal of any activity, to not make people curious about their ID. Anyway, I have not much information about it, so I shouldn't discuss.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

The minor update (154005) included the following improvement:
http://www.ee2.eu/viewtopic?start=165&t=1723&topic_name#20009
- Improved the "Disable the new UP1.5 units and buildings" option, available in the UP1.5 Settings:
* The option is now named: "Disable the new UP1.5 units, buildings, models and sounds",
* All textures and models are used like in the official version of game,
* Almost all new sounds are disabled, including city ambient sounds, units selection sounds and air raid sirens.

As the old "disable 1.5 units" option - this one also works on Multiplayer (thanks to the advanced launcher integration with patch.ee2.eu server), so this topic is now closed as the issue is out of date.

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”