Why Map random with 100+ territory exist only in EE2 without extension mod ? (pangea map)

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
nomdm

Why Map random with 100+ territory exist only in EE2 without extension mod ? (pangea map)

Post by nomdm »

"Why Map random with 100+ territory exist only in EE2 without extension mod ?"

I've create in EE2-1.5 random map pangea 500x500 with 117 territory. But in EE2.theartofsupremacy-1.5 i can't more than 50 everage.

How can i create more than 50 territory (pangea)Image Image

Sorry, I speak little english. Image

EDIT: with plain geography, i can obtain 207 territory in EE2.theartofsupremacy-1.5.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Why Map random with 100+ territory exist only in EE2 without extension mod ? (pangea map)

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

We answered to this question on the support chat (in the UP1.5 Launcher), but if someone is interested:
- Maps generation in EE2: AOS is different than in the vanilla version (EE2).
- Gigantic maps on EE2: AOS (continents or pangea) are much smaller comparing to EE2, and they have much less territories.
- By setting a custom map size (500x500) on EE2: AOS you'll have much more territories than on the gigantic map, however still less than in the vanilla version of EE2.
- This issue can not be fixed by Unofficial Patch, because this map generation is hardcoded, and I don't have the source code of the game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
nomdm

Re: Why Map random with 100+ territory exist only in EE2 without extension mod ? (pangea map)

Post by nomdm »

Minor update 155007 has been released!
Most important changes:
- Fixed map generation of Pangea maps on Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy.
Thank you Mona ^^
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

No problem. Does it actually work better now? I still think AOS generates smaller maps, but Pangea was really bugged, it was creating maps with like 11 territories max, no matter how big the map was.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
nomdm

Post by nomdm »

Yes Pangea maps 300 x 300 and less in AOS are really better generate. It's very nice :mrgreen:

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”