Empire Earth 2 Lag

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
PzK

Empire Earth 2 Lag

Post by PzK »

Hi,

Does anyone experience lag while playing Empire Earth 2?. I'm using patch 1.2 and my resolution is set at 1366x768. I'm currently playing the Ultimate World Map from EE Heavens and even though i 've turned every option to its lowest I'm still getting lag about 1 hour into it.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-3210M (2.5ghz)
6gb of Memory
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M (2gb)

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Empire Earth 2 Lag

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
Your screen resolution is supported by Unofficial Patch 1.4:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1636-ee2-1.4
I would recommend to check it. Maybe screen re-sizing causes the lag (1366x768 isn't supported by Empire Earth 2 by default, so the game is using 1024x768)

You can check the current FPS (frames per second) in Empire Earth II. Click ctrl+shift+alt+F, and the FPS number should appear on the right. If FPS is under 20, then the game is lagging.

I have to admit, that I often "experience lag" when I'm playing longer games, with many units in game. I've discovered that setting "Reveal Map: Revealed" reduces lag. You can try it by typing: "toggle fog" cheat during the game.

Empire Earth II is a very bad-optimized game, and a lot of players experience lags, so I don't think it's something wrong with your laptop.

The lag may also be caused by many AI (Computer Players) in game. You can try playing with real players, using GameRanger:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1570-how-to-play-empire-earth-ii-online-without-gamespy-server-gameranger
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello.
I added DirectX 9 support for Empire Earth II in Unofficial Patch 1.5.4.003.
Please install Unofficial Patch 1.5 from this link: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1723-ee2-1.5
After that please start "UP1.5 Settings" by clicking on the button in the Launcher window. Then check option "Enable DirectX 9", and install required SDKs.

I hope it help to reduce the lag.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Greg84

Post by Greg84 »

Hello,

I feal kinda stupid to write in english to a fellow countryman but ok Image.

I've read dozens of topics were you try to help people with lag in EE2 AOE but unfortunatelly it did'nt help me. My problem is off course lag that starts about 30 min in game.

Im running on windows 8.1, laptop has 8Gb ram, Intel i5 2.6GHz , Intel HD and Nvidia 740m grafics instaled. I've installed 1.5 patch and the resolution the game is running on is 1600x900. Drivers are uptaded.
My map setting is huge, and 10 offline computer oponents.
Everytime i try to change resolution the game craches and does'nt run or runs but restores resolution to 1600x900. Any change in video settings does'nt change the lag.

I've tried window mod but did'nt work, game lags the same which is terribly way beyond a playable point. Any help would be much appreciated Image.

P.S I have benn running this game with direct x9 and SDk's installed.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hello Image
First of all, try to disable windows pagefile, read: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7
And set to "no pagefile", then it should use only your RAM memory, and never create swap file.

Have you tried to enable DirectX 9 in UP1.5 Settings? Did you feel any difference?

Empire Earth II is a bad optimized game, and the lagg is normal, especially when you're playing on a huge map, with 10 AI players. AI players are causing the lagg, so playing multiplayer can "solve" the problem.

You can't change your screen resolution, because Empire Earth II is incompatible with Windows 8.1 if you want to use a different screen resolution in game (different than your desktop's screen resolution, that's why Unofficial Patch 1.5 was created, to support all screen resolutions and fix windows 8 problems).
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”