Cease fire on LAN

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
REwiwe.gif

Cease fire on LAN

Post by REwiwe.gif »

I've been playing in LAN with few of my buddies and we were wondering if there is a way to put cease fire over 15min with some mod or stuff?

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Cease fire on LAN

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Ceasefire over 15 minutes? No, it's impossible. But really who needs over 15 minutes for building? xD
We were trying to add more ceasefire options with unofficial patch 1.4, unfortunately we didn't find the way to add more time options.

EDIT:
Anyway, if you want, you can try to edit this file:
Sierra\Empire Earth II\zips\hdrs.zip\DbHdrs\DbFrontEndDefs.h

There is something like:

Code: Select all

ENUM eCeaseFireTime{
   kCeaseFireTime_None,
   kCeaseFireTime_min2,
   kCeaseFireTime_min5,
   kCeaseFireTime_min10,
   kCeaseFireTime_min15,
};
But if I remember good, then adding/changing these values didn't take any effect in game.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Traumwelt

Post by Traumwelt »

Is there now a solution to manually change the truce value? (Without Unofficial Patch)
I have the Gold Edition from GOG

Edit: I play with German language patch for GOG on my Windows XP Retro PC :)

Best regards
Traumwelt
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

No, the ceasefires in EE2 are hardocded and were hacked by me years later. So you need the Normal or Developers version of UP1.6 for more ceasefire and resources options to be available in game.

It's also better to play EE2 with the Unofficial Patch on the modern Windows 11 / 10 PC rather than retro XP machine. The experience is way better on modern hardware.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Traumwelt

Post by Traumwelt »

Thank you for your answer. Too bad that there is no manual solution yet.
I'll have to see for myself if I can hacked it.

I have Linux Mint on my online computer and I no longer use new Windows systems. Windows is dead for me after Windows 7... I only have Windows Retro computers with 98SE / XP / 7 :)

But good luck with your unofficial patch and I appreciate people who continue to develop things like this.

Best regards from Germany
Traumwelt
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Maybe you could just run EE2 with Unofficial Patch on your Linux machine? https://ee2.eu/linux/#lutris

I don't think you would be able to add more ceasefire options by yourself, as even I needed some years to learn the assembly in EE2. Besides that there are many other extra options, such as removed 999 population limit per player, changed the maximum resources from 99k to 999k, etc. So still, trying the patch should be the first thing to do.

Eventually, there is some old version of UP1.5 (1.5.8.007) compatible with Windows XP: https://ee2.eu/patch/#information but it's missing many of the recent features, such as buildings rotation and more rotation angles, or all the UP1.6 texcache performance optimizations :(
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Traumwelt

Post by Traumwelt »

I have tried the old version 1.5 (1.5.8.007) for Windows XP and it does not work with the GOG version.
The game cannot be started and an error message appears.
I had to reinstall the game.

I don't play much on my Linux computer, as it is used for Internet and other work. It should also stay clean from Wine or Windows programs... ;)

Edit:
Does anyone know what kind of editor this is? There is no detailed description. Maybe you can use it to change the truce option?
https://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/sh ... ileid=2577
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

What error is displayed on Windows XP? Maybe make a copy of the game folder and try on it, instead of the main installation?
That last version for XP should work fine on Windows XP SP2. Maybe you don't have the latest service pack installed.

CSV editor is not needed, because you can edit .csv files with simple notepad. However, as I said two times, the ceasefire times were hardcoded and required new code injection. You have rights not to belive me and waste time trying to fix it by modding game files, but that simply won't work.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Traumwelt

Post by Traumwelt »

Everything is up to date on the Windows XP Retro PC - Service Pack 3 and all the latest updates... All runtimes... everything is set up perfectly. Don't come from the moon ;)
I'll make a copy of the game folder and install it there and then tell you which error get.
I believe you because of the difficulty, only I like to work and test things myself.

Field report follows

Added after 47 minutes 35 seconds:
The following error message appears:
02.JPG
02.JPG (48.67 KiB) Viewed 112 times
01.JPG
01.JPG (97.45 KiB) Viewed 112 times
I think the patch has a problem with the GOG version.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Since it's a very old version I won't really focus on it, but I remember it was working fine, even in tests that I made at the end of the last year.

Gog released some "updated" or rather "broken" version with their own DirectX 8 to 9 wrapper. Maybe the old Launcher version was not detecting for that broken DLL in folder.
Check if there's some file called d3d8.dll or d3d9.... .dll exists in your game folder and move it somewhere outside.

Also, does it always show two errors? First the one with exception, and then the one from GameHelper.dll? Maybe you could also try to tweak some of UP1.5 Settings, e.g. disable DirectX 9 and try again.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”