EE2 Installation Problems

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Sparkzzz69

EE2 Installation Problems

Post by Sparkzzz69 »

Merry Christmas everyone. Doggy here and I got a new Dell laptop for xmas. It's nice and I would like to reinstall ee2. So as doing so, I have disk 1 , 2 and the code. I get ALMOST all the way done with disk number 2 and all of a sudden it says feature transfer error, and something about the cycle of something not working. I remember it had cab.3 in it as the file name. Is there anyway to bypass? Does this mean my laptop is to far ahead for this game to even play on here? What does this mean. I don't want to go through all the trouble to download the game for free because it looks like a hassle. I'd rather install it myself, and then get 1.3 version and join up with you guys again. If you don't want me back then you won't help. Thanks.

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: EE2 Installation Problems

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hmm, could you post a screenshot of this error?
The easiest would be to download EE2 again: http://forum.ee2.eu/t1520-ee2-download-empire-earth-ii-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-for-free
And install the game without CDs
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Sparkzzz69

Post by Sparkzzz69 »

I cannot post a picture of it. It's a feature transfer error and it just stops loading. Maybe it can't load a certain part of the campaign.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hey.
Create a new folder on your desktop and 2 other folders in it: CD 1, CD 2.
Then copy all the files from your EE2 CDs to the folders on your desktop. After that run setup.exe file from the folder where you have copied the files. If all files will be copied from CDs without error, then your version of EE2 is fine. If you'll get an error while copying, then you have to re-download EE2.
If you're installing EE2, run the file setup.exe as administrator, and change the installation folder from C:/Program Files (x86)/Empire Earth II, to: C:/Empire Earth 2

I hope it helps.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”