I CAN'T INSTALL EMPIRE EARTH 2 OMFG!

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Skyfire165

I CAN'T INSTALL EMPIRE EARTH 2 OMFG!

Post by Skyfire165 »

Edit 24.04.2013 by Leader:
If you found this topic by Google, you should know about "EE2 Install FIX" which is available to download here:
http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1632-fix-the-setup-has-detected-that-version-120000-of-empire-earth-ii-is-already-installed

Orginal post:
---------------
I've installed Empire Earth 2 ages ago, with the patch v1.3 and I played a few online games. But the problem is, I've got Art of Supremacy and I want to play it offline, but it won't install because it says EE2 needs to be installed. However, when I check my computer, I DO HAVE fu**ing EMPIRE EARTH 2 INSTALLED. Not only that, I can't even fu**ing uninstall it or remove it. I try using ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM and when I try to uninstall it.. this is what it says.. 'Empire Earth 2 is not installed. For the patch to continue, you must have the full game installed. If you are sure that you have the game installed, run it and re-patch it.'

---------------

This thing pisses me off. I think it's patch 1.3 for some reason, how the fu*k do I uninstall patch 1.3?!

---------------

As first - try to change one Registry Key.
Click: Start / Run
in this small windows write: regedit
Go to key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sierra\Empire Earth II
or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sierra\Empire Earth II (if 32bit system)
Change key: Version from: 1.30.00.0000 to 1.20.00.0000

_____

So I followed these steps.. and I don't even have a 'Empire Earth II' folder in either places! This is really screwed up, I don't even know what is going on. Please help!

Please use Image button, if you want to add something

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: I CAN'T INSTALL EMPIRE EARTH 2 OMFG!

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi Jithesh.

In "regedit" there MUST BE Empire Earth II key, with all values. Else game wouldn't be installed... Please try to find it again.
If it doesn't work, follow the next steps

2. If it doesn't work, delete all Sierra/Empire Earth II folder
Go to "regedit"
Click: Start / Run
in this small windows write: regedit
Click Ctrl+F and type: empire earth
Delete ALL keys with "Empire Earth" in it. (Click F3 to find next one).
It can take a while, but when you remove all keys from the registry - you should be able to install the game without problems.
It worked for me every time.
Just click: F3, delete, F3, delete, F3, delete - it should remove all broken keys very quickly
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Skyfire165

Post by Skyfire165 »

Mister Mona Lisa, you are a fu**ing saviour.

The first 2 didn't work, but the last did! It took around 5 minutes, but I was prepared to spend to get this fu**ing bug out. I deleted ALL of the registry keys, and then when I tried uninstalling EE2 from add/remove programs, it said it was already uninstalled, and it went away.

Now I can PEACEFULLY install EE2 normally, THANK YOU MONA LISA.

By the way, do you play EE2 anymore online?

-------

BTW, i've downloaded EE2 and that, but when I try to download Art of Supremacy, it says 'the version is incompatible with the version of Empire Earth II that you have installed. Make sure that you are using the correct language version of Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy.

I've applied the v1.2 crack you linked on the normal EE2 folder, don't know what else to do.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Try to install The Art of Supermacy without the crack to the version 1.2 of Empire Earth II.
EE2 and EE2X has to be in same language version.

What's your EE2 language version, and whats your EE2 The Art of Supermacy language version?

I have no idea why it gives you an error, if it's "clean" copy of EE2 - just installed. There must be something incompatible

Btw, here I uploaded the orginal EE2.exe file, so you don't need to uninstall the game again:

Code: Select all

http://adf.ly/Ojhea

This EE2.exe won't start without the EE2 CD1, but you should be able to install EE2X (Art of Supermacy).
After that you can install Patch 1.3 to EE2, and EE2X would work normaly.

Actually EE2 Art of Sup.'s multiplayer is totaly dead. Main version of Empire Earth II is much more active than this. But of course you can try to play Single Player, and check out if you like it.
By the way, do you play EE2 anymore online?
I used to play a lot, but actually I had 4 months break, because I had no time Image I might be able to play now, since summer holiday started Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Skyfire165

Post by Skyfire165 »

Yeah it completely works now, finished the Russian campaign.

Summer holidays started for me as well, exams all finished. Might rev this game up as well Image
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

If you want some changes, then you can try Unofficial Patch 1.1 for Art of Supermacy: http://www.forum.ee2.eu/t1185-empire-earth-ii-the-art-of-supremacy-unofficial-patch-11
It has for example new version of Cam fix, no CD needed to start game etc.
But it's not necessary Image

Topic Solved & Locked
If anyone has the same problem, please open a new topic
@Leader
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”