Can't Seem to Patch

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
Crester

Can't Seem to Patch

Post by Crester »

First of all, I've downloaded the game using BitLord, and it seems to be from here. (I'm not sure tho, it's named "Empire Earth II" and weighs 480.8 MB)

Now, the Read Me told me to just launch the EE2.exe and I did so, then used a CD Key I found in here to access Multiplayer. In there, there was the Unpatched room. It sent me to the "patch link" that told me to download the 1.3 patch (question here: does that mean that I have 1.2 already patched?)

Now, after I patched and tried launching the game, it opened the Empire Earth II logo on my desktop for a split second, then it vanished, as if I never launched the game. No errors showed up, nothing. Just.. vanished.

* I checked on the Task Manager to see if the game client still runs. After the logo disappears, the EE2.exe on the Processes lists vanishes too.

Matty

Re: Can't Seem to Patch

Post by Matty »

You must install 1.3 patch after 1.2. I don't know what are the effects if you install it without having 1.2 version.
Crester

Post by Crester »

I know but I can't seem to find a proper 1.2! The ones from fileplanet tell me that I don't have EE2 installed!
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Mmmmm.... You had no installer, so game didn't install correctly.

If you have time, try to download this version of EE2:
http://forum.ee2.eu/t1088p15-where-do-i-download-the-ee2
Uploaded game on thepiratebay: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6890839/Empire_Earth_II_With_1.3_Patch

This version has no installer too, but it's with 1.3 already, so you shouldn't have problems with playing on multiplayer.

If you can't download this version of game, then tell me where is your folder with EE2. I don't know if it be working, but I'll try to send registry file to you (it's registry key which installator of EE2 creates). But I need to know your windows version and version type (x86 or x64?). Then tell me where is folder with your EE2.exe file (for example: C:/Empire Earth II), it's important because I've to edit registry file on version for you...
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains
Crester

Post by Crester »

I tried the links on the first page, but all say that files were removed. So you say I should install the EE2 from The Pirate Bay?

Btw my version doesn't have an installer, it's just a folder with the files inside. The instructions just say to run EE2.exe (with the logo) and to play the game, nothing more.

It's located on my Desktop, actually. I'll PM you the location if needed. It's Windows 7 64x

I did download the torrent and I will let you know if it works fine. I will, too, scan it with my Norton to make sure it isn't a virus since so many people are too unconvinced about it, but I trust it so far.
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Well, I don't think it's virus, but I'm not sure (It's not me who uploaded it).
I recommend to download this version from thepiratebay now, scan it, and try to play. I think it's the easiest way to play the game without problems Image
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Crester

Post by Crester »

Downloaded, do I just run EE2? Another thing, will I be able to play with retail players or is it like a private server?
Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Yes, just run EE2.exe and game should start.
You be able to log in on GameSpy servers (you can create free account before). When you log in you be able to select 3 rooms: North America, Asia, Europe - join to Europe because there is usually the most players.
With version 1.3 you be able to join to every host. If game ask you for CD-KEY, use one of them:
Working online:
TAD9-CAG2-XAL3-WAL7-3632
RYD9-DAB4-NAL6-NUP7-8725
TAD5-LAG4-JEL3-XYZ7-3276
TAP4-JAB2-FES5-BUT3-8298
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”