Low FPS with Intell 5500 Chipset

ImageNeed any help? Do you have a problem? Ask us! We will help you!
kaiindvik

Low FPS with Intell 5500 Chipset

Post by kaiindvik »

Hi everybody-
I just recently found out about the UP1.5, and I'd love to be able to use it but I'm having issues with only getting around 5 FPS when I try to play either single player or multiplayer. I'm on a dell inspirion laptop with 4 gigs ram and the Intel 5500 graphics, has anybody else had a similar issue to this?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Kai

Dr.MonaLisa
High Representative

Re: Low FPS with Intell 5500 Chipset

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Hi.
EE2's optimization is very bad, so lags are normal. However, 5 FPS seems to be pretty low. How many players are in game, and what's the map size?
First of all, did you read: https://www.ee2.eu/help/#lags ?

Does your laptop have two graphics cards, or only Intel HD 5500?
Do you use balanced/high performance power settings? Make sure your laptop is not set on Energy Saving when you're playing games.
Also check Intel HD graphics panel if energy saving isn't enabled (I can't guide by this, because my laptop is currently at service).

For tests, you can try to disable DirectX 9 (DX8 to DX9). Start the Launcher and click on "Change UP1.5 Settings" button. Uncheck option: "Enable DirectX 9...". In most cases DirectX 9 improves FPS, so if you don't feel any difference, please re-enable this option.

Just to confirm that your EE2 installation is fine, please click on the following link:
(Click)empireearth2://GenerateMD5Checksums-Rep ... ik-EndNick[/protocol]
Then paste the link to generated report in this topic.
Best regards,
Dr.MonaLisa
Ministry of Game Affairs
Department of Control and Complains

Return to “Help, Questions & Problems. Empire Earth II Support.”